Hershey block uk chocs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They tried to package the American stuff so that it tasted a little better. A double-wrap system called...
Hershey's Adventures of Tintin.
Talking of which:
tin-tin-chocolates-cost-plus.jpg

also, on the book theme - a rare Tintin cover was sold a couple of days ago...for 2.5 million Euros! Now that's a lot of Buttons!
the_adventures_of_tintin_-_.jpg

I eat choclate like it's going out of fashion.. that's why I am so thin not fat and fit
...and you look a Treet!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Can you describe Hershey's as 'chocolate'?

A former boss of mine had done a 6 months secondment in America, and had bizarrely acquired a taste in Hershey's "chocolate", commenting "you can't get it over here". He duly brought a couple of kilos back for the troops in the office. Each visitor to our desks tried one and pulled a face or went away to spit it out. After about 6 weeks the 2kg bag had dwindled to maybe 1970 grams. I eventually took an "executive decision" and binned the rest.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
First time I went to the States, I bought a Hershey bar, as I'd heard of them 'in the movies', and thought that therefore they must be great. I was underwhelmed, to say the least. I finished it, because basically I will eat anything, but the real test is that I didn't buy any more. So there.

Peanut butter cups...I love peanut butter, but I find these too much. For me, peanut butter needs toast under it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
...and while I'm here, if ever Hershey Bars take off in the UK, I really hope the ad-people decide to adapt this ditty
Hersham Boys...Hershey Bars...you can see where I'm coming from...

BSRU

A Human Being
Hershey's "chocolate" must be really bad if Cadbury's "chocolate"(sweetened chocolate flavoured vegetable oil) is better.
I think it is a trademark thing, Hershey bought the rights to sell Cadbury named "chocolate" products in the USA, from Cadbury's.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hershey's "chocolate" must be really bad if Cadbury's "chocolate"(sweetened chocolate flavoured vegetable oil) is better.
I think it is a trademark thing, Hershey bought the rights to sell Cadbury named "chocolate" products in the USA, from Cadbury's.

You really need to taste it. Trust me... it's horrid.

[QUOTE 3518456, member: 259"]I can't say I've ever tried Hershey's version of Cadbury's, but Reese's peanut butter cups are bloody gorgeous.[/QUOTE]
Peanut butter xx( (can't abide the stuff)
Hersheys chocolate xx(

But together, truly a case of two wrongs making a right

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hershey bars taste of sour milk because they were first made by immigrant Quakers from York and Birmingham before refrigeration was invented. The milk had to travel for a couple of days from farm to factory so was usually turning rancid, which is why the American Hershey has to taste of rancid milk.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Pub we go to regular does peanut butter chocolate cheesecake..
its one hell of a sugar rush but worth it ..

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hershey bars taste of sour milk because they were first made by immigrant Quakers before refrigeration was invented. The milk had to travel for a couple of days from farm to factory so was usually turning rancid, which is why the American Hershey has to taste of rancid milk.

I don't think they contain anything as wholesome as rancid milk.

Perfectly splendid products, eg cheese are made from rancid milk.

Top Bottom