hi vis jackets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

im gnna get one of these to keep me visible through the spring, come to a dilema though. Im looking at these two DHB ones:

DHB Amberly
or
DHB Weston

Does anyone know/think that the Amberly will be too heavy/warm for spring riding? The Weston certainly looks like more of a light 'shell' jacket, but it hasnt got the high ratings like the Amberly has. Would it be better to get the weston and wear an extra layer if its cold, or go for the amberly???

hmmmm...

Tynan

Veteran
I wear a yellow hiviz gillet after dark but if it's daylight I'm happy with something bright that breathes and isn't waterproof

yenrod

roadiewill said:
im gnna get one of these to keep me visible through the spring, come to a dilema though. Im looking at these two DHB ones:

DHB Amberly
or
DHB Weston

Does anyone know/think that the Amberly will be too heavy/warm for spring riding? The Weston certainly looks like more of a light 'shell' jacket, but it hasnt got the high ratings like the Amberly has. Would it be better to get the weston and wear an extra layer if its cold, or go for the amberly???

hmmmm...

Reckon your better off with just a hi-viz vest over a good jacket = cheap acquirement + good value cycling jacket ! :blush:

Tynan

Veteran
tightwads, cycle specific ones ain't that much and they'll be cut for cycling and have a tail and so on

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

the amberlys perfect, used it today amd although it was quite mild, about 16C, it didnt leave me drenched in sweat or too cold. should be fine for the spring

Tynan

Veteran
everyone's different though init, I go past people all day log wrapped up in half a dozen layers plus waterproof while I'm in short sleeve plus forum long sleeve, and just starting to find that warm

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

yeah I never feel the cold, thats why I was worried about the amberly being too heavy. I could easily wear shorts and a tshirt everyday if school allowed.

Top Bottom