High mileage bike ( what's yours done to date)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Since 2014 135,522miles
Another motorcycle?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
So that I'm not only here to keep an eye on suspicious new members ;) my highest mileage bike is the Hawk Trakatak knockabout bike since it gets used all year round while the others get spared from the winter mud, grit and salt. I only started to keep a proper record in 2013 when 2044 miles were showing and it's done another 19,731 miles to date so 21,775 recorded miles.

I would say not bad for a BSO but the frame, fork and headset are the only original components.:laugh:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
9000, 7000, 4000 and 1000km on my bikes. The oldest one is 2014. Nothing spectacular in these numbers but the interesting point is that I am pretty fastidious about cleaning and maintaining them so any replacements are for consumables like cables, axles, chains, brake pads etc. Chain rings and cassettes are only just nearing replacement on two of them.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I bought a road bike, joined this forum..... then hurt my shoulder and, between that and the rain and ice, have ridden it about 10 miles. I've bought a mtb now though so hopefully after a bit of fettling I can ride that more comfortably. My Saab has done 250k plus miles though....

W211e220

That's impressive. Have you had to replace anything on it such as chain rings ect over the years,

Tyres
Chain

Mine done 46,000 miles since 2015
Hi again.
We all know that bikes can last for many many years if simple maintenance is carried out , and its got me thinking as to how many miles has your bike racked up over the years and what point have you had to replace any worn out parts on it. Some members here may of had there bikes for many years and could imagine that they've got some monumental mileage under there belts. As my bike was second hand I will never know for sure what its done but since I,ve had it ,I've now covered nearing up to 4k without any major problems.
All the best
Johnny
Since 2017 September
Tyres chain and seat
That all needed replacing still running smooth on 80k miles

Top Bottom