High mileage bike ( what's yours done to date)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Burls Custom Ti Fixed 31,577.1mi, 2Years 8Months old

20161020_092503.jpg

According to Strava I've done 36,235 miles on the current bike. I think I got it in October 2013. Its lasted better than it predecessor which had a frame failure after circa 25k miles and 3 years.
Originally most of the parts were transferred from the predecessor but the only original thing now is the frame and the original crankset and saddle are on another bike, its done just under 6k miles since it was built in Autumn 2014. The TT bike has done just over 2.5k miles in 1.5 years.

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Mine has done 77k miles
Service on gearbox every 7 months tyres replaced every 4 months

Gearbox? I assume you're talking about one of them things wot needs an engine for forward momentum?

According to Strava I've done 36,235 miles on the current bike. I think I got it in October 2013. Its lasted better than it predecessor which had a frame failure after circa 25k miles and 3 years.
Originally most of the parts were transferred from the predecessor but the only original thing now is the frame and the original crankset and saddle are on another bike, its done just under 6k miles since it was built in Autumn 2014. The TT bike has done just over 2.5k miles in 1.5 years.
The bike did 41,000 miles untill it was succeeded last year. The replacement has done 5,000. The previous bike I'd stripped to the frame and I'll rebuild it when I get a chance. The commuter done 8000miles but it's not moved in a year :blush: I decided it was too good to leave in central Cambridge so I got a new commuter and in a year and half it's done 5,000 miles.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Previous road bike reached 107,000 miles. Current road bike, about 7,000 miles. My mountain bike reached about 24,000 miles before the frame reached end of life. Recumbents are the babies, my latest is about 140 miles after its first week, as I build up the distance on it.

Top Bottom