Hilarious - 9 things nobody tell you when you start cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Only six points now and five are rubbish: it's not hard unless you want it to be, you can avoid most hills, you don't need a lot of kit, cyclists like beer too and you don't need processed pap sports foods, but it is addictive.

OP
OP
Doobiesis

Doobiesis

Über Member
Only six points now and five are rubbish: it's not hard unless you want it to be, you can avoid most hills, you don't need a lot of kit, cyclists like beer too and you don't need processed pap sports foods, but it is addictive.

Just a little laugh mate. Lol

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Quite the opposite - I'm not the one posting a link to a whinge about how rotten cycling is.

I go to RideLondon and see all sorts of people discovering/rediscovering that cycling isn't as difficult as they thought and can be really quite fun (especially the Freecycle) and give a sense of achievement (especially the 46 and 100) and then someone posts a link here about how hard and awful cycling is and apparently that's funny somehow? Way to welcome the beginners from RideLondon, folks(!) :rolleyes:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
With @mjr on this, pisses me off when people make out that to be a "proper" cyclist you need to be a poncy nobhead with tons of money.

Forgivable if the article is actually funny but that is just "LOL AREN'T WE ALL DRINKING EXPENSIVE COFFEE AND PISSING MONEY UP THE WALL LOL!!!1!".

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
With @mjr on this, pisses me off when people make out that to be a "proper" cyclist you need to be a poncy nobhead with tons of money.

Forgivable if the article is actually funny but that is just "LOL AREN'T WE ALL DRINKING EXPENSIVE COFFEE AND PISSING MONEY UP THE WALL LOL!!!1!".
So we now have two active threads, with many more lurking below the fold, about proper-cyclists-expensive-bikes-loadsamoney-new-golfery!!!!! Can someone please, please change the ****ing record!!!!!!!!!!!

In the style of @ianrauk's cyclists-waving money jar, I'm now claiming the "proper cyclist" jar. If you feel the need to turn cycling into class war, then a quid in here will see you all right with me. Thanks.

full.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm wondering how easy it actually is to avoid hills.

I go onto the road, first junction a choice, up or down. Go down and I've an incline to go back up. Further on the road then heads downhill, followed by two short inclines. Next junction, choice again, stay on the same road(downhill) or take the left hand fork(uphill). Next set of lights, left or right it's uphill.

Return journey will always involve an incline(uphill), whichever way its done.

You yourself have already said you'd rather take the steeper climb to avoid a section of road.

Tin Pot

Guru
So we now have two active threads, with many more lurking below the fold, about proper-cyclists-expensive-bikes-loadsamoney-new-golfery!!!!! Can someone please, please change the ****ing record!!!!!!!!!!!

In the style of @ianrauk's cyclists-waving money jar, I'm now claiming the "proper cyclist" jar. If you feel the need to turn cycling into class war, then a quid in here will see you all right with me. Thanks.

View attachment 365326

Hear farking hear.

Top Bottom