Hilarious - 9 things nobody tell you when you start cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan O

Über Member
Actually, the only thing I object to in that article is that it's coming a bit close to dissing pubs!

I don't do it so much now cos I'm older, but pretty much all of my rides when I was younger consisted of riding out to a pub somewhere for lunch and a few pints, and then back on alcoholic "cruise control". That was for rides of around 25-30 miles - longer ones would often take in a pub on the way out and another on the way back.

Alan

freiston

Veteran
I admire any cyclist who rides out of there, 7 mile straight flat roads in 3 directions with headwinds every time, well at least every time I raced there.
Boston's the town I was born and bred in (christened at the Stump). I remember discovering hills and thinking what a refreshing change they make from the wind - and that invariably you go down as well as up every ride.

Unless things have changed (I moved away in the early eighties), when taking your driving test, if the lights are on red at the bottom of the sluice bridge, proceeding when they turn to green counts as your hill start; if they're on green and you go over the bridge without stopping, then you don't do a hill start on your test.

So we now have two active threads, with many more lurking below the fold, about proper-cyclists-expensive-bikes-loadsamoney-new-golfery!!!!! Can someone please, please change the ****ing record!!!!!!!!!!!

In the style of @ianrauk's cyclists-waving money jar, I'm now claiming the "proper cyclist" jar. If you feel the need to turn cycling into class war, then a quid in here will see you all right with me. Thanks.

View attachment 365326

I think your gonna need a much bigger jar...

upload_2017-8-2_16-0-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-2_16-0-26.png
    upload_2017-8-2_16-0-26.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom