Hilarious - 9 things nobody tell you when you start cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Its not like Cycling Weekly to pad out the pages with tat.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh yes.
Key phrases are "proper cyclist" (obviously) "new golf" "more money than sense" and bonus points for an anecdote about how you overtook a non-proper cyclist (with more money than sense) while riding a proper bike.

Ker flipping ching.
Do recumbent quads count?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hilarious is a pretty high bar.
Vertigo_Moon_Bar_Bangkok.jpg

(Vertigo Moon Bar, Bangkok, CC-by Mighty Travels)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Do recumbent quads count?
The only time my quads are recumbent is when I'm in bed. The rest of the time, they work pretty hard. :laugh:

Stinboy

Über Member
This forum can take a bit of humour surely, I cannot see why it's offended anyone.
Try the 'ignore' function.

It sometimes makes a thread a bit nonsensical, until you notice that there are missing posts in the numerical sequence. For a bit of extra fun though, you can have a guess at who on your ignore list was whining. I'm usually pretty spot on.

It revolutionised my CycleChat experience :smile:

Last edited:

al78

Guru
Only six points now and five are rubbish: it's not hard unless you want it to be, you can avoid most hills, you don't need a lot of kit, cyclists like beer too and you don't need processed pap sports foods, but it is addictive.

It can be hard when you first start if you have led a sedentary life, like any physical activity. I struggled to do the 10 mile commute to work at first, initially getting the train half way. It took years before I could do the journey and back every working day.

You can avoid most hills. My workplace is about 170m asl, my house is about 30m asl, it is physically impossible for me to cycle to work without some significant ascent.

You don't need a lot of kit, true, but that perception is due to marketing.

Also true about not needing processed pap sports food.

It is addictive? Depends on the person. I don't find it addictive, it is just a means of transport to get somewhere, but with less of the negative side effects. It is no more addictive for me than using a train or driving a car.

Top Bottom