Hit and Run in Knightsbridge. Cyclist chases down motorist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If that is not what he's saying, then what IS he saying? Every line that brings up the driver and his crap driving finishes with something that deflects attention away from the driver and onto the video cyclist - 'because these things happen.'

And yes, there are other posts nearby which follow the same lines.
He said "The driving was poor-to-middling, but by no means unusual."

Quote the other posts which say the driver did nothing wrong, I'm still having a hard time seeing any.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Quote the other posts which say the driver did nothing wrong, I'm still having a hard time seeing any.

You and me both

Kookas

Über Member
Its bad enough getting overtaken by a bike in normal circumstance as it can make you jump, let alone someone undertaking while blasting a horn between the kerb etc. I can understand he was in the moment but to say it is an acceptable manoeuvre on a busy road is quite strange.

The driver was an arse, I think we all know that, but one of many similar arses..

He started with the horn a little soon to be fair - I would've tried to get the driver's attention after I was past the cyclists, not alongside them - but I don't agree that the move itself was as dangerous as some people suggest. He did give a warning before he came past, which she clearly reacted to.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A sen

A sense of immidiate urgency to catch the Driver before he could get away with it. I wonder if he reported himself after that collision. Its 24 hrs after such an event took place.

If the cyclist was uninjured and his bike undamaged there's no need to report it. I know the driver probably doesn't know if injury or damage was caused but I don't think you do either.

I believe your motives are based on good intentions (I remember you on the tv programme) but you're going to get yourself into a bad situation sooner than later. Go ahead and record what you see, then hand that to the police or the party involved and let them follow it through.

Oh, and welcome to CC!

GC

Kookas

Über Member
Who was driving like a lunatic? The head cam nerd (with SIX cameras)?.. Undertaking avnother rider at speed with only an 18 inch gap..blaring horns contra to the HC. Acting like he's some kind of self apointed traffic authority..

Im always puzzled at the motivation of anyone who videos their daily commute and the goes home and makes titled YouTube posts about it.. Get a f**king life!

This post in particular wouldn't be out of place coming from the mouth of the driver's defence lawyer.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
If I hear a deafening horn being blasted and somebody shouting from behind me and I'm in the position of those two cyclists, I'm almost certainly going to slow and move over to the left, probably stopping. Not sure what you are finding difficult to comprehend about it being reckless...?

Her reaction was a wobble and I would say they were both extremely lucky not to be smashed up and lying in the gutter. Sh*te cycling and no mistake.

I should add that the driving was also sh*te but two wrongs....

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

If I hear a deafening horn being blasted and somebody shouting from behind me and I'm in the position of those two cyclists, I'm almost certainly going to slow and move over to the left, probably stopping. Not sure what you are finding difficult to comprehend about it being reckless...?

Her reaction was a wobble and I would say they were both extremely lucky not to be smashed up and lying in the gutter. Sh*te cycling and no mistake.

I should add that the driving was also sh*te but two wrongs....
I suppose its perfectly acceptable to do nothing about anything these days? ;-)

Jezston

Über Member

I think you might be forgiven for getting that impression at least as virtually all conversation has been about the cyclists behavior and what might he could have caused and virtually none about the driver and what he actually caused.

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

If the cyclist was uninjured and his bike undamaged there's no need to report it. I know the driver probably doesn't know if injury or damage was caused but I don't think you do either.

I believe your motives are based on good intentions (I remember you on the tv programme) but you're going to get yourself into a bad situation sooner than later. Go ahead and record what you see, then hand that to the police or the party involved and let them follow it through.

Oh, and welcome to CC!

GC
Thank you.

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

I think you might be forgiven for getting that impression at least as virtually all conversation has been about the cyclists behavior and what might he could have caused and virtually none about the driver and what he actually caused.
A good observation.. I think its all an " ITIS " Thing... interesting to see views from cyclists.. unlike twitter and tube

OP
OP
T

TrafficDroid

It is good someone does something. I watched the video and TD was like a cyclist possesed!!

I don't think the cyclist knocked could have given a flying like but its not the point, the point is if this drive does it once he could carry on doing it and one time cause more injury.
The Chap openly confessed thats the way he drives.. I suppose we should hug a hoodie from what I am ready here..lol Thanks anyway..
I am concerened about the road deaths and injuries I here of daily on the streets of London.. mostly injuries sustained and the sadness nobody comes forward... hardly ever

Top Bottom