Hit and Run Road Rage Incident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Always thought that was a daft thing to do, putting all the insurance details online.
Came about as a result of misuse of their main site for the purpose of checking the other vehicle at the scene. Just tells you the insurance status of the vehicle.

Links to both are in the thread linked already.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
farking self-gratification artists using a car as weapon should do time, just as bad as taking a swing at you with a knife, if not worse. Something has to be done about using vehicles as offensive weapons. Hope you get it sorted, and really hope he gets sorted but not holding my breath.

vickster

Legendary Member
Leg damage: slightly more swollen since though.
Stick a bag of peas (wrapped in teatowel) on the leg for the swelling. And take a couple of ibuprofen assuming you aren't allergic or have a stomach ulcer

You'll need a full written report on the bike. I wouldn't do anything until you've spoken to Leigh Day (which might not be for a day or two, as BC will arrange). You have 3 years for the PI claim and 6 for property so there's no rush.

Here's hoping the a'hole driver doesn't deny it. You don't want to have to go to court

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Just got a txt to apologise for not coming out earlier. They said that they tried to ring, but straight to answerphone.

I have my phone in hand and it didn’t ring...but then it wouldn’t when I have Do Not Disturb auto set from 10pm until 7am. All my own fault!

classic33

Leg End Member
Just got a txt to apologise for not coming out earlier. They said that they tried to ring, but straight to answerphone.

I have my phone in hand and it didn’t ring...but then it wouldn’t when I have Do Not Disturb auto set from 10pm until 7am. All my own fault!
Start making notes of numbers, times and dates. Your mobile operator can supply you the times of any calls made, and to what number(s).

johnnyb47

Guru
Those pictures are shocking. That could of easily of been you underneath that idiots car and heaven knows what would of happened to you buddy.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

This is good, shows you have some constabulary interest.

However, that iron may cool quickly as other, hotter, ones come along.

So I think you need to keep on top of it over the next day or two.

There will be some leg work (pardon the pun) for you, even though you are the injured party.

No way around that, regrettably.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is good, shows you have some constabulary interest.

However, that iron may cool quickly as other, hotter, ones come along.

So I think you need to keep on top of it over the next day or two.

There will be some leg work (pardon the pun) for you, even though you are the injured party.

No way around that, regrettably.
First of is to get himself checked.

Tangoup51

My first thought was to remove the wheel and check out the frame visually. Then stick another wheel on.

Then decided to wait until the Police come, in case they want to see it.

Going to have a word with the guys at my local shop tomorrow. It’s a different brand shop to mine, but they have a good bunch of well trained lads and will be happy to check it out for me.

you have my deepest sympathy and I hope for the best outcome for you in this scenario.

- However, I would like to respond to your worries about potential frame damage; my bet, (this is my opinion i'm not a professional)

I think your frame will be absolutely fine. - Carbon is not a material to get tangled with in a tug-of-war battle. - Especially against metal.
It was a battle between your seat/chainstays yielding; or the wheel rim/spokes yielding. Carbon V Metal ( I assume your frame is carbon.)

In that scenario, carbon would come out the victor; as it just loves pressure but hates high intensity impacts. - That rim would of provided alot of cushioning to your frame; think of it as an expendable pillow.

The damage i'm sure is as already listed in your first post. - This will not be the end of that bike.

I hope this gets resolved for you, my man.

Top Bottom