Hit and Run Road Rage Incident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The OP knows to steer well clear of this when talking to the police, but the most likely charge is dangerous driving.

There is 'causing serious injury by dangerous driving', but the injury is unlikely to be deemed serious in the context of the legislation.

Following the OP for two miles is a significant aggravating feature of the dangerous driving, making it more serious than if the same thing had happened within a minute of the door being opened.

Dangerous driving carries a maximum of six months if dealt with in the magistrates' court, two years if dealt with at the crown court, plus a mandatory driving ban and extended re-test.

We've all seen cases where the court system ultimately lets down the victim, but I've seen several similar cases over the years - someone driven at causing minor injuries - which have resulted in a short stretch.

Buck

Guru
That makes shocking reading @bpsmith. Hope you are OK and the shin is not too bad.

Sounds like extreme road rage to me and no way a hit and run - dangerous driving and it sounds like he has some other issues to behave in such an extreme way that could have ended so much worse.

I hope the police are able to move this forward.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Rather painful this morning. Not swollen any further though, which is usually good.
Get to a medic ASAP. Walk-in(!) Centre if your own GP can't see you promptly. Hopefully it's all OK but you shouldn't increase the chance of that nobber causing you long term health complications by not getting something subtle but more serious treated sooner.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Id bet a claim of exceptional hardship would be made, especially if i read that correctly, he's a blue badge holder :evil:

I don't think that was the case; Quoting from the OP:
"guy was done blue parked"
Most likely double parked, auto corrected by technology to "done blue". He mentions that this, coupled with the door being open forced him on to the wrong side of the road.

@bpsmith
Horrible situation, I hope that you're over it soon and that this maniac pays, hard.

davidphilips

Veteran
Best regards and hope you get the idiot jailed thats where he should be, If he does get away with it no one would be safe with some nutter like that on the road.

Johnno260

Veteran
oh my, I'm glad you're ok those pictures are quite shocking.

that he used his children as a reason, then did what he did is an indication of the guys mental frame of mind.

let BC do there thing, don't touch the bike.

That has to be dangerous driving charge? but thing is there was intent in the guys actions.

Top Bottom