Hit and Run Road Rage Incident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
[QUOTE 4990447, member: 9609"]what happens in a situation like this with the regard to the police investigating? lets assume the mans children aged 8 & 12 were in the car; would the police ask them what had happened? in many respects they could be very good honest witnesses, but on the other hand it would just seem wrong to involve them.[/QUOTE]

Probably take a witness statement but nothing that should be taken 100% seriously. but my point being is that he's a father with young children in the back and he's setting a bad example for them about how they should behave. There are people who dont care what their kids see mind you.

its like if you grow up in a home where domestic abuse is something that happens everyday, you grow up to think domestic abuse is somewhat acceptable when its really not.

On a side note. If this man really is a nobber in every meaning and sense of the word then i sincerely hope they take his kids away. Maybe he'll get his act together after that.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Presumably his 'missus' would be a witness? Assuming she's not mute, hence not saying anything (probably also scared witless)
Not the best word to use, I must admit, but don’t know if it was his Wife or not.

BurningLegs

Veteran
This sounds like a shocking incident, @bpsmith - I hope you're feeling okay about it psychologically. I think I would be really worried and frankly scared of gooing back out on the roads after something like this.

All the best with getting everything sorted here, but I think this could be a long journey! I've got everything crossed for you on this end.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Have the Police turned up yet?
No. Had no further contact from them. I called 101 for an update and they say that they can’t tell me anything, as the PC needs to speak to me. I asked when that would be and they couldn’t tell me. They said that someone tried to ring me twice this morning, but no answer. I have perfect signal at work, and no voicemail or missed calls. I tried calling the PC who said they were on their way, but no answer. Not the best example of service. I am trying to remain positive, but rather disappointed so far. :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
Probably take a witness statement but nothing that should be taken 100% seriously. but my point being is that he's a father with young children in the back and he's setting a bad example for them about how they should behave. There are people who dont care what their kids see mind you.

its like if you grow up in a home where domestic abuse is something that happens everyday, you grow up to think domestic abuse is somewhat acceptable when its really not.

On a side note. If this man really is a nobber in every meaning and sense of the word then i sincerely hope they take his kids away. Maybe he'll get his act together after that.
Reading the OP, psycho-driver seemed to care when he thought the horrid cyclist :rolleyes: had scared his precious rugrat cargo but didn't seem to care less when he tried to run over @bpsmith

An out of control lunatic it seems!

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
No. Had no further contact from them. I called 101 for an update and they say that they can’t tell me anything, as the PC needs to speak to me. I asked when that would be and they couldn’t tell me. They said that someone tried to ring me twice this morning, but no answer. I have perfect signal at work, and no voicemail or missed calls. I tried calling the PC who said they were on their way, but no answer. Not the best example of service. I am trying to remain positive, but rather disappointed so far. :sad:
Have they got the correct telephone number for you. They're not calling a similar number leaving messages saying they've tried to contact you?

Ask what number they're using to try and contact you on, the next time you speak to them.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Glad your ok, dangerous and stupid behaviour on the drivers part luckily your not seriously injured. Like others have said the worst part is that he's followed you and carried this on its not been an accident or heat of the moment action. I'd definitely get in touch with the police, somebody who carries on like this will end up seriously hurting or killing someone.

NickNick

I was calm throughout and didn’t swear back. I was shocked that he had 2 very young kids in the car with only basic booster seats that are too old for them. More shocked that his missus didn’t speak or even look at me throughout.

With regards to this and speaking from personal experience, the reason she won't have said or done anything or even looked at you, is because she has to live with and try and protect her kids from, that brutish ######## who is almost certainly abusive based on how he treated you.

Edit to add: Sorry to hear you've gone through that though, its absolutly horrific being caught up in an incident with someone like that, let alone when they can use their car as a weapon and you have zero protection. Best of luck and hope he gets his comeuppance!

[QUOTE 4990305, member: 9609"]If this had been someone with a baseball bat[/QUOTE]
Such a good analogy. Imagine a man pursuing someone on foot because of he didn't like the way he looked at him, knocking him down down with the bat, and then proceeding to destroy the bicycle with it, in front his terrified children. It would be on the cover of every tabloid, and a chief inspector would be liaising with the press.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Such a good analogy. Imagine a man pursuing someone on foot because of he didn't like the way he looked at him, knocking him down down with the bat, and then proceeding to destroy the bicycle with it, in front his terrified children. It would be on the cover of every tabloid, and a chief inspector would be liaising with the press.

Absolutely. Can you imagine the manpower that would go into finding the thug?

Depressing, really. :sad:

NickNick

Yep and there'd would also be strong calls for getting social services involved, as someone so violent, who is happy to use a weapon & violence against another (especially in front of his own young kids), is not fit to be a parent and at the very least needs strong supervision to make sure that violence isn't also turned on his wife&or kids.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Have they got the correct telephone number for you. They're not calling a similar number leaving messages saying they've tried to contact you?

Ask what number they're using to try and contact you on, the next time you speak to them.
They have called me yesterday on the number I gave them, so must be correct. I also confirmed this with them at 13:30 today and gave work telephone number up until 4pm. Still no response.

EDIT: Called 101 again and they have no real update. The PC that ended up with the case works from 10pm, so it doesn't seem likely that they will be able to speak to the "gentleman" concerned at that time, just like last night. Not the PC's fault, I hasten to add.

I don't want to have to keep ringing to resolve this, so please comment if I am being unreasonable as to my expectations in getting this resolved.

The guys at my local Giant Shop are going to take a look at it at lunchtime tomorrow. A number of them cycle with people I know, so it's almost a favour really. I will put the business their way if I can though, or at the very least stock up their biscuit supplies.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm not familiar with such things but can you not speak to the officer's supervisor or another more senior officer during a time that would suit you, i.e. Not after 10pm?

Presumably at the moment, as your statement hasn't been taken, the police aren't aware of the seriousness of (and thus perhaps aren't minimising) what happened as the discussion above around baseball bat analogy seems to suggest?

Personally I'd want the statement taken face to face at home or the cop shop

Any news from BC/LD?

400bhp

Guru
Not good any of this.:sad:

How come you know where he lives?

What's clear from this thread is that there clearly isn't an easy process to bring this to its correct conclusion, ie the individual severly punished. There are so many questions from the OP and others and differing answers from others, both in terms of what to do, what the police are/aren't doing/likely outcome.:sad:

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I'm not familiar with such things but can you not speak to the officer's supervisor or another more senior officer during a time that would suit you, i.e. Not after 10pm?

Presumably at the moment, as your statement hasn't been taken, the police aren't aware of the seriousness of (and thus perhaps aren't minimising) what happened as the discussion above around baseball bat analogy seems to suggest?

Personally I'd want the statement taken face to face at home or the cop shop

Any news from BC/LD?
I explained everything when I first rang them, so they do have a pretty good picture of the incident. Definitely want to give a full statement face to face though.

Top Bottom