Hit by car. No injuries poss slight damage to bike. What to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
With the photographs it doesn't really matter how they scratches come out. All you are doing is taking a picture of damage caused. Damage which will have to be corrected.

Hate to say this but since seeing the video, I've had the funny feeling that the person actually driving it at the time & the insured person are not the same person. He just seems to old to have just passed his test(Green P on the rear) and from his driving I don't think he's actually sat one. He braked hard after hitting you, and was quick at getting out of the car. For my liking a bit too quick. I hope I'm wrong on this part.

OP
OP
S

Schneil

Veteran
Just spoke to Will. He says its a fairly standard colour, so no problems with matching. Around 60 quid for just the forks. I'll check the frame tonight for any other damage. Phew!

lozcs

Guru
Jeez, that was bad driving.... What was he doing? Trying to park on the right or what?

I can't believe how calm you remained! I think I would have lost it.. But as you you say I think the guy seemed decent enough and nice comment about only care that you were ok.

Hope you get everything sorted with as little hassle as possible and kudos to your LBS (did they see the video?)

OP
OP
S

Schneil

Veteran
@Schneil
Hows this progressing?

I spoke to the driver on the phone last week. I told him that the paint was damaged on the front forks and he's agreed to fix it.
He was "bricking it" when he found out that I informed his insurance company. However I assured him that if we were able to sort it out between ourselves, then once I was happy I'd contact his insurers and no claim would be made.
I've not gone into costs yet with the driver, I'm just waiting for a written quote from the bike shop for the respray. So I can pass that onto him and he knows I'm not pulling figures out of thin air.
I've not gone down the police criminal charges route. This is because the driver seems genuinely sorry about what he's done and I am not injured. I feel that if I went down the police route, it might make things a lot more difficult. I've logged the accident with the police anyway, so this would come up on his driving record if needed.
So fingers crossed progress is good and should all be sorted fairly painlessly......

Top Bottom