Hit (hard) by red light jumper! :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

Bad luck, Dom and as others have said glad you're OK and hope the other guy recovers. It's a pretty crappy way to learn a lesson.

I can't remember whether this is true (but it's a pretty good rule anyway) but I thought the Highway Code explains that green doesn't mean go - the sequence is: red means stop, amber means stop unless it would be unsafe to do so and green means stop unless it is clear to proceed.

Nasty, but well dealt with Dom. The cyclist was an idiot, but idiots have families, friends etc, so lets hope he makes a full recovery.

LLB

How to turn a low risk mode of transport into a high risk one - RLJ :ohmy:

Jump red lights and you need a m/cycle crash helmet and full CE approved body armour/leathers etc, not just a cycling hat and bravado.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blackandblue said:
I can't remember whether this is true (but it's a pretty good rule anyway) but I thought the Highway Code explains that green doesn't mean go - the sequence is: red means stop, amber means stop unless it would be unsafe to do so and green means stop unless it is clear to proceed.

That's quite right, as far as I know. One day, I really will get round to spending a day at the nearest junction and counting the number of vehicles that break those rules, bike, car or whatever...

Tynan

Veteran
three cbts for scooter in London taught me firmly to check all directions after a lights change, watching all sorts of vehicles brazeny driving through them reinforces that

hard luck dom, rather the bike than your head I guess, keep his and let him have yours?

Tharg2007

Veteran
tdr1nka said:
Any further news Dom, have you heard from the bloke, was the bike still there, etc.?

yes, more news and some pictures please, lets see his bike and your cracked frame too

Top Bottom