Hit & Run - 15 year old..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Word's really fail me I really have no time for hit and runs.
Mrs 73 still has her moments from when it happen to her. They really don't care or have any idea what life means.
I'd go with MIB we find them them to good and it won't effect your insurance premium it's free and quite simple and less complex way to get the money you need for cost's. Plus something extra for the physical injuries which I know mean nothing you've got all you want as he's still here. But if nothing else it would be Something for your lad to have to treat himself to.

Hope he recovers soon and is not put off from getting back on the bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
My son, who is 15 was in an accident with a car on Saturday. He's an experienced cyclist, many 1000's of road miles under him, member of our local club and also races.

On Saturday he was hit whilst on a island by a boy racer who took out his back wheel when joining the island from a junction. He'd been out on a 40 mile training ride and was 500 meters from home.

He went down hard. The low life in the car didn't even stop to check that he was ok. Just drove off sharpish.

There were witnesses but no one got the registration number unfortunately they were more concerned with the state of my son, for which I will be forever grateful for.

As for my son, he's come off lightly. Spent the night in hospital but the CT scan confirmed no major injuries only severe bruising to his ribs, hip/pelvis and some minor road rash. There's probably £800 plus worth of damage to his bike and clothing which can all be replaced.

I'm just so angry that the $%£^ will get away with just driving off not giving a dam about someone else's life.

/rant
Glad the lad is going to be OK. Make sure he makes a claim to the M.I.B.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Thankfully he wasn't badly hurt. I just can't understand the mindset of someone who would drive off leaving his victim lying on the road like that, but sadly there are a considerable minority who do.

If the scrotes next accident is a single vehicle one where he fries to death it will be one less w@nker on the planet and I for one won't shed a tear. Some people we are better off without.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Really sorry to hear this - sounds like a horrible situation and having been the victim of a different form of scumbaggery some time ago I can completely appreciate your feelings of impotent rage.

Hopefully the scrote responsible eventually succumbs to the dangers of his own abysmal driving :angry:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Really sorry to see this, I hope he feels better soon and that the MIB provide some compensation. What is the world coming to ?!

alvintc

Veteran
Glad he's largely OK - in this day and age it's suprising there's nothing covering it... is it worth approaching any shops on the route to see if they have anything that might have caught the car?

House insurance - MIB isn't any good. Refused to help when I was hit and runned.

MIB worked brilliantly for me (but I'm going back 6 years-ish). Gotta be worth a shot as there's no impact to your premiums if you use it?

Johnno260

Veteran
Nope, apparently they wont. The team that would of usually dealt with that have been disbanded and put to work on Covid-19 related duties.. case closed :sad:

I know police are busy, but this? is so wrong it basically says unless caught red handed hit and run is an excusable crime..

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope, apparently they wont. The team that would of usually dealt with that have been disbanded and put to work on Covid-19 related duties.. case closed :sad:

Whats MIB ?
EDIT: Just googled, I have house insurance that should cover the bike and clothing. So i'm wondering if its better to go that route rather than MIB ?
I'd be getting onto the local MP about this, let them earn their crust...Or the West Midlands Chief Constable? I thought as a force, they were trying to be a bit more cyclist supportive?

if not, try the local press?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
There are a lot of drivers on the road nowadays who think the normal rules don't apply to them.
People say that the roads are quieter but i agree the number of idiots who dgaf have risen beacuse they know its unlikely they will get caught , i went for years without a single incident and in the last month i have had 2 drivers chase me down for taking excetion to nearly being squished .

GWS mini @jamin100

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sorry to hear this.

Presumably they know make, model and colour of car. Is the car also likely damaged from the collision. Might be worth getting local papers and social media involved to see if driver can be found / encouraged to hand themselves in.

Top Bottom