Hit & Run - 15 year old..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We are becoming quite risk-averse and with the depression caused by lockdown we have lost our cycling mojo for the moment. Two weeks ago GtiJunior and I were out and a young gentleman raced across a roundabout he was entering without stopping, luckily GtiJ is a driver so he checked left, saw the guy approaching at speed in his black Golf Gti and stopped, the car missing him by a foot.

Then yesterday my brother in the USA crossed a pedestrian crossing at Phoenix airport and was hit by a car, which threw him into the air. He landed on his noggin, saw stars, had massive pain in his thigh but sat up and gave the driver a mouthful of Anglo-Saxon. The driver was a man aged 85 who said he had been looking at the direction signs. My bro had a plane to catch so he photographed the man's licence and reg, refused an ambulance and hobbled into the terminal then endured a 5 hour flight back to Detroit with aching head and leg. Feels better this morning, he says.

With our impending move to the tranquility of rural Scotland in exactly two weeks you'll understand wy we are reluctant to take any risks at the moment.

vickster

Legendary Member
We're going back a ways but I want to say less than a couple of months tops. Let me see if I've got any emails from then

Edit:
HAHAHAHAHA - my memory & estimates are crap.

Crash was in December 2014, was handled by slater&gordon (BC membership covered me). Was settled in October 2015 (a little over 5k).
Must’ve been CTC if covered by S&G, BC were using Leigh Day then (and still do) 👍

D

Deleted member 26715

I had a hit-and-run and the MIB weren't interested as I had no details apart from it being a big van.
As other have said that is the whole point of the schele

@jamin100 Chances are the car was uninsured, no MOT or drivers wasn't allowed to drive it, but glad to hear your son is progressing, how is he today?

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Chances are the car was uninsured, no MOT or drivers wasn't allowed to drive it, but glad to hear your son is progressing, how is he today?

Not good unfortunately, we think he may have some concussion as he is getting really bad headaches and says light is making things worse.

He had a CT scan at the hospital when the accident happened, and we took him back to A&E on Monday night where they checked blood pressure and oxygen levels and everything seemed fine.

He's taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but is still struggling unfortunately.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Could also be a bit of whiplash as well. He will get headaches, even wearing a lid - I had a sore side of my head when I car catapulted me down the road - helmet was rather scuffed.

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Yeah thats the strange thing, his helmet doesnt have a mark on it literally nothing, its like new. , so we dont think he hit his head..

Top Bottom