Holding cars up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

Struck me as a joke, not bullying. The majority of people on this thread were complimentary about the OP's vid. And the minority who offered criticism have been called names and all sorts.

Quite.

I've been ridiculed for saying what I thought.

My posts have elicited the response "Bollox" and several suggestions hat I am not a cyclist, that I'm a troll or that I somehow covertly favour cars over bicycles.

There's also been a lot of polite and resoned discussion on this thread.

Having posted a spoof response to the bullying accusation a moment ago, this is my serious one.

Most contributors were supportive of the OP's clip. I found it ghastly, crass and trite and I and was not supportive, but I was put back in my box with some force.

That is the nature of the online forum.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I quite often post links on my FB from YouTube, occasionaly i've later found out they were from some one here.
I love the responses they get, most of my non-cycling friends are now even more terrified of ever getting on a bike LOL!

Bicycle

1611468 said:
The bloke has just been driven out and you post this as a joke? Brilliant on every level.

Not quite a joke, but not entirely serious.

I think I've attracted more negative comment than he has, by some margin.

Also, if he's gone he won't see the comment you find so distasteful.

I don't insult him anywhere on this thread.

He put the clip up for approval. He got a lot. He also got the contrary view from me.

I stand by every word I wrote. I don't find it helpful to have accusations of bullying tossed around.

I'm happy to be wrong on this, but if I am I'd like to see an example of where I was bullying Magnatom prior to his notice that he was leaving.

col

Legendary Member
My thought on this , is he had too many arguments against his techniques than for.

snorri

Legendary Member
Another thread ruined.
Yes, but there was plenty of time for passengers to take to the lifeboats.:biggrin:
There's something to be said for locking threads after four pages, the OP by that time has usually had an adequate response.

lukesdad

Give over Adrian, Magnatom has done this before. Its done for effect. he s in and out of here like a fiddlers elbow.

Check your comments on public flouncing shall I give you a link ? :thumbsup:

col

Legendary Member
1611483 said:
If you are comfortable with your behaviour, fair enough.

Iv had some ding dongs with magnatron in the passed. I dissagreed with most of his filming techniques, and yes Im very comfortable with it too. :thumbsup:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
1611479 said:
Ah got it, I think. You are suggesting that my commenting on Bicycle's crass insensitivity is comparable to the campaign of bullying that drove Magnatom to flounce?

I'm not sure anymore, I thought you had posted a comment from lukesdad which suggested magnatoms departure was a little rash and demonstrated a rather sensitive nature, I thought you were trying to amuse, I certainly didn't see what you had posted as showing a campaign of bullying. When Bicycle then posted what (I thought) he felt was a light hearted response to yours, you pulled him up on it, but then I didn't see that as crass insensitivity. I guess I've got it wrong all ends up or it's a question of perceptions.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'd forgotten about TesterAnimal1, nice one Gaz. There's a US cyclist who sometimes also gets quite cross, CycleMan2200, IIRC. Not quite as extreme, and of course the issue is confounded slightly by Leftpondians' much greater need for time and space, i.e. they get upset with the closeness of passes that to us Londoners would be totally fine. Different driving and road cultures, I suppose.

Oh, and this guy must be the winner for the worst voice ever in camera cyclists:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emfJRhymkBQ

Top Bottom