Holding onto people's cars - do you do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Is it just the presence of the driver though? I mean I wouldn't do it but I also wouldn't think twice about resting a hand on a parked car.

By the way though I wouldn't do it in traffic it wouldn't bother me if a cyclist rested against my car....it is cheap, old and never washed though...when I say never I mean never

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Surely being able to rest against a parked car puts you in the door zone?

:biggrin: I wasn't actually thinking of cycling I was thinking of as a pedestrian...let's bring the children into it :whistle:

I'm sure many parents have done similar things, out with the kids, need to sort something like a shoe, so get them to balance with one hand on a parked car while you do up a lace, remove a stone, etc.

I thought this was going to be a much more interesting topic - as in have you ever skitched?

Me too.

There ain't no better feeling in thw world then the anticipation of putting your right leg out onto the bumper of a car behind wondering if they will:

a) Run you over

b) Rapidly accelerate to over 30mph.

Skitching - Raising the anti all the time is the ultimate high.

As for the OP, no I would never and never would do. It's taking the mick and should not be done. Quite what people think is a good idea to touch another persons property without thier permission I don't really know.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Is it just the presence of the driver though? I mean I wouldn't do it but I also wouldn't think twice about resting a hand on a parked car.

Me too. I've often fastened my laces by resting a foot on top of some geezer's tyre.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Me too. I've often fastened my laces by resting a foot on top of some geezer's tyre.

It's the perfect height.

The property fetishism thing on this thread is a bit weird. So what if cars are someone else's property- touching them won't hurt, and it isn't stealing. If drivers are so fussy about people going near their cars, they can do us all a favour and leave them in the garage.

green1

Über Member
Proterty fetchism? Do me favour. It's called having respect for other people and their property. I've had 3 door mirrors kicked off my car in the last 2 years @ 300 quid a pop, is trying to look after MY property still a fetish?

VamP

Banned
The property fetishism thing on this thread is a bit weird. So what if cars are someone else's property- touching them won't hurt, and it isn't stealing. If drivers are so fussy about people going near their cars, they can do us all a favour and leave them in the garage.

I suspect it's a more of a territorial thing.

Nevertheless, I am a big believer that pushing people outside their comfort zones is good for their long term spiritual development, so I shall make a point of touching people's cars more frequently in the future.

VamP

Banned
Proterty fetchism? Do me favour. It's called having respect for other people and their property. I've had 3 door mirrors kicked off my car in the last 2 years @ 300 quid a pop, is trying to look after MY property still a fetish?

Chill.

Nobody's talking about your door mirrors. We're talking about touching cars without causing any damage. Sort of take only pictures, leave only footprints approach to car touching.

Without the footprints.

Or pictures. That would just be weird.

Paul J

Chill.

Nobody's talking about your door mirrors. We're talking about touching cars without causing any damage. Sort of take only pictures, leave only footprints approach to car touching.

Without the footprints.

Or pictures. That would just be weird.

Thats fine as long as you feel that a stranger can put their foot on your bike tyre then thats fine.

Top Bottom