Holding your breath?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
This chap held his for quite a while.

I find it incredible that people can do this but wonder how long they would manage if they didn't use pure oxygen beforehand?
Tetedelacourse reckoned he had massive lungs if I remember right.

You don't need to get in the pool to try it but how long can you hold yours?

tyred

Legendary Member
I once managed just over a minute.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
longers said:
This chap held his for quite a while.

I find it incredible that people can do this but wonder how long they would manage if they didn't use pure oxygen beforehand?
Tetedelacourse reckoned he had massive lungs if I remember right.

You don't need to get in the pool to try it but how long can you hold yours?
19+ minutes is incredible!

I haven't tried holding my breath for years and don't fancy doing it now but I remember having competitions with my mates at school when I was about 9 years old. They all used to pack up after about 90 seconds but I used to go for 2 minutes just to show off.

Another show-off trick was in Coventry's 50 metre swimming pool. The same mates bet me that I couldn't dive into the pool from one end and swim underwater to the halfway point to pick up a coin from the bottom. I swam to the far end underwater and back to the midway point to get the coin! :laugh:

In our physics class we had a water manometer which we used to measure what pressure we could blow to. I blew the water out of it...

So, I suppose that I've always been a bit of a windbag! :rolleyes:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I used to idolise Umberto Pelizzari and love watching the freedivers. Out in the open sea is slightly different that inhaling pure oxygen and sitting in a fish tank but its still an awesome accomplishment.

Tanya Streeter is also incredibly, erm talented!

My Personal best is a few seconds shy of 4 minutes and diving down unaided to 55meters! I broke my dive Computer doing it, I think it just presumed I was dead and packed up.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
Tanya Streeter is also incredibly, erm talented!

Yep, she's talented and has had some amazing experiences from the little I've seen.

Is Big Blue partly inspired by Umberto Pelizzari? :laugh:

Top Bottom