Holiday booked! Take my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Mrs Proto has just booked our summer holiday. Seven days at Lake Garda in Italy, five days near Rome then two days at Le Bourg-d'Oisans in the Alps on the way back. Driving across, estate car, plenty of room, plus roof bars if needed.

Can you think of any good reason why I should take my bike? :angry:

PS thought I might add that Mrs Proto knows nothing, nor cares, about bikes or cycling!

Danny

Legendary Member
You'll be in some wonderful countryside for cycling, so I'd bring your bike - provided Mrs Proto is happy to look after herself for a few hours while you go off cycling, and you're prepared to spend time doing things she wants to do.

Noodley

Proto said:
Can you think of any good reason why I should take my bike? :smile:

PS thought I might add that Mrs Proto knows nothing, nor cares, about bikes or cycling!

I take she bought a single room? :smile:;)

Look like 2 weeks of cycling to me :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Proto said:
Can you think of any good reason why I shouldn't take my bike? :biggrin:

Erm, . . . *thinks* . . . no. Have fun :smile:. A couple of laps of the lake before breakfast will set you up nicely for the day.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
She'd never heard of Le Alpe-d'Huez. When I pointed out that we were staying at the foot of the most famous Tour climb all she could say was it looks a bit steep. :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
When she compares your nice fit body to other non excercising holiday makers she will be happy for you to have an hour (or so) on the bike each day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When you discuss it with Mrs Proto, sit on the sofa and look attractively moody, and fondle your pump... that'll work! :smile:

thePig

You would be crazy to NOT take your bike. You are going to some of the most beautiful cycling country in the world.

There will be plenty of flat and scenic cycling around lake garda. For bourg d'oisans there is enough cycling around here to last a couple of weeks.
There is more than just the main tour climb - check out this article
http://www.cycling-challenge.com/alpe-dhuez-five-different-rides/

But it sounds like you need to sweet talk the wife. I would suggest you do some research on health spas in the area. You can check her into one of those for a day.
Also, make sure you put your wife as a driver on the car so she is not sitting around waiting for you while you are cycling.

Good luck!

Proto said:
Can you think of any good reason why I should take my bike? :biggrin:

Can you think of any good reason why you shouldn't take your bike?

I agree with thePig. Take it or be damned! :smile:

Top Bottom