Holiday bookings & Coronavirus...how are we affected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
MrsP , myself and the kids are off to Sri Lanka in just over a weeks time, at the moment the foreign office, and the Sri Lankan government have nothing on their web sites against going, at the moment anyway.
My neighbours are due to fly to Sri Lanka then take a 3 week cruise around SE Asia In March.
if one case of the virus is reported then the ship will get quarantined. they are getting daily emails from the tour company, anyone with any signs of a cold or flu are being offered refunds. I think i would be doing everything possible to get a cold between now and then.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
NOT another Coronavirus thread.
We booked 2 weeks in Majorca and paid in full. I also paid for insurance.
This morning Italy seems to be facing melt down with severe restriction on movement.
I have a strong feeling this is just starting.
So......were do we stand re holiday cancellations? Who decides when they can be cancelled with full repayment ?
I assume that I cannot just decide 'no thankyou' and cancel?
Any thoughts?

Am I allowed to say, Majorca is not in Italy? ;)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My neighbours are due to fly to Sri Lanka then take a 3 week cruise around SE Asia In March.
if one case of the virus is reported then the ship will get quarantined. they are getting daily emails from the tour company, anyone with any signs of a cold or flu are being offered refunds. I think i would be doing everything possible to get a cold between now and then.
That is my point. Its ok the travel Co, insrance & FOC saying all is well...... but if the country eg Italy wont allow you in ???

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Isn't it?? Bl**dy hell I never knew that :wacko:
My point is ITS SPREADING.... and spreading fast. China one month, Europe a month later.

Sorry... could not resist...

It reminded me of an incident with my youngest daughter, a few years ago, when a volcano in Iceland erupted and caused flights to be grounded, in various places.

I forget exact details now, but.......

Daughter was on holiday, with a group of her partying friends, in Ibiza.

News said that flights from South of mainland Spain were grounded.

Daughter rang me to ask "what do I do, Dad?"

I said to her "you do realise, you on an island, off the coast of Spain, in the Mediterranean, not in Southern Spain?"

"Oh, are we?" came the reply.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sorry... could not resist...

It reminded me of an incident with my youngest daughter, a few years ago, when a volcano in Iceland erupted and caused flights to be grounded, in various places.

I forget exact details now, but.......

Daughter was on holiday, with a group of her partying friends, in Ibiza.

News said that flights from South of mainland Spain were grounded.

Daughter rang me to ask "what a do I do, Dad?"

I said to her "you do realise, you on an island, off the coast of Spain, in the Mediterranean, not in Southern Spain?"

"Oh, are we?" came the reply.

You should have said party hard

Slick

Guru
I must admit, coming back recently from Africa I was surprised by the lack of checks or controls and the first time I saw anyone wearing a mask was on the London to Glasgow flight. :ohmy:

Top Bottom