Holiday bookings & Coronavirus...how are we affected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have friends in Spain at the moment.
the government have just introduced a 14 quarantine For everyone in Spain when they get back.

Tom B

Guru
Just come back from Cornwall.

The usual covid precautions are in place to the usual varying degrees depending on interpretation and how bothered people are.

No issues with people and getting around.

If you are going to do anything such as national trust, English heritage and Eden project you need to book it days or a week in advance. We missed out on Lydford Gorge because we didn't book it.

Jimidh

Veteran
We were supposed to be flying out to San Francisco next Saturday but clearly that’s not happening. Luckily the flights have been cancelled so we will be getting a refund.

We then booked a cottage in Whitby for two weeks then Scottish government moved the return to school dates so we cancelled that so kids could get back to school.

So I’ll be spending my summer holidays in my garden.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
About 3 weeks ago we said stuff it and booked 3 weeks in the West Country. I'm sure it will be fine.
I hope it goes well for you.
I love my holidays but we have decided to give it a complete miss until everythng blows over. IMO.....and it is only MO the uncertainty makes it not worth while.
Fortunately we have nice gardens and being retired helps us to be flexible.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I hope it goes well for you.
I love my holidays but we have decided to give it a complete miss until everythng blows over. IMO.....and it is only MO the uncertainty makes it not worth while.
Fortunately we have nice gardens and being retired helps us to be flexible.
Thanks. I've had 6 days (other than B Hols/weekends) off since last August and my cream is crackered, so I'm taking the whole of August off and going away for 3 of the 4 weeks.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thanks. I've had 6 days (other than B Hols/weekends) off since last August and my cream is crackered, so I'm taking the whole of August off and going away for 3 of the 4 weeks.
One of the things that puts us off (particularly MrsD) is no public toilets.
I can always find a bush or a wall but its not so easy for the ladies. eg we enjoy a day out at New Brighton.......but no bogs :eek:.

vickster

Legendary Member
One of the things that puts us off (particularly MrsD) is no public toilets.
I can always find a bush or a wall but its not so easy for the ladies. eg we enjoy a day out at New Brighton.......but no bogs :eek:.
Plenty of toilets in cafes, pubs, restaurants which are open again

D

Deleted member 26715

I understand people's frustration but if you want to visit other countries you have to accept that you're running a risk & that 2 weeks isolation is a possibility, no point in crying about it, you had the chance not to go.

Top Bottom