Holiday bookings & Coronavirus...how are we affected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We had a pleasant experience with Endsleigh Insurance. Last year, around May, we took a policy with them. It was much cheaper than our renewal quote and, crucially, allowed us to keep our 20 year old son, a full-time student, on the family policy. The other provider insisted on a separate policy for him as he was over 18.

I was nervous at the renewal time, as we’d booked a holiday in Northumbria the previous July (our annual destination for the last 18 years) and I didn’t think the renewal would cover any Covid-related cancellation. Endsleigh, though, said that as it was a renewal and that the holiday had been booked pre-Covid, we were still covered.

Very impressed.

In the end, we got all our money back as the owner of the cottage was able to re-let our booking without difficulty. But Endsleigh’s attitude was reassuring.

(It also helped me to decide to renew my son’s car insurance with Admiral, Endsleigh‘s owner - although more expensive than the online comparisons, it wasn’t enough of a difference to make me switch.)

Julia9054

Guru
A good point.
But seriously, as a female, would you be happy to sit on a toilet seat after someone else at the moment?
I think the risk of catching covid19 from a toilet seat is minimal if normal hand washing and sanitising is applied.

Tom B

Guru
One of the things that puts us off (particularly MrsD) is no public toilets.
I can always find a bush or a wall but its not so easy for the ladies. eg we enjoy a day out at New Brighton.......but no bogs :eek:.

Mrs B had the same issue. Many (not all public bogs were closed) we used the local pubs and cafes (having purchased) and she also bought a she pee and had a look behind some bushes.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I see 21 people positive on acaravan park in Shropshire.
Reinforces my/our decision to forget it for this year (and next maybe:sad:).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I see 21 people positive on acaravan park in Shropshire.
Reinforces my/our decision to forget it for this year (and next maybe:sad:).

What have they been doing to get a positive on a caravan park - ours in Wales is open but it's all very strict and the pub is bookings only and 2m appart and outside. We've been near nobody ! We have to book our attendance at the park also despite it being our van.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Mrs B had the same issue. Many (not all public bogs were closed) we used the local pubs and cafes (having purchased) and she also bought a she pee and had a look behind some bushes.
Government has told councils to open public toilets. I think most boroughs of Norfolk has, but this is not always the case and the naffing lily livered government won't force councils to do anything much, which is part of why this country is in the mess it is!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What have they been doing to get a positive on a caravan park - ours in Wales is open but it's all very strict and the pub is bookings only and 2m appart and outside. We've been near nobody ! We have to book our attendance at the park also despite it being our van.
I can understand that if you own a van then you really want/need to use it. As I have said, we had one on Anglesey for years.
My comments are really re paying for a holiday in these uncertain times.
I have no idea how/why they have this outbreak in Shropshire.

D

Deleted member 26715

Government has told councils to open public toilets.
What toilets? We can never find any or if you can find them they are not in a fit state to use. We always look for a large supermarket these days

fossyant

I have no idea how/why they have this outbreak in Shropshire.

I just did a search and the local news says the outbreak has been traced to an event in Welshpool

I quite agree about renting somewhere/going away. It's our 25th Wedding Anniversary in a month (exactly) and I was tempted with a hotel in the UK, but quite a few still have amenities shut down, and it's really not going to feel the same. We'll stay at the van for at least a week, and go out for walks, Anglesey, Conwy and maybe down to Cardigan Bay area to see if we can spot Dolphins.

fossyant

What toilets? We can never find any or if you can find them they are not in a fit state to use. We always look for a large supermarket these days

I've not seen an open public toilet yet. Rhos on Sea was a quick visit, walk around the village, take away coffee, whizz back to the caravan for a whizz ! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

I've not seen an open public toilet yet. Rhos on Sea was a quick visit, walk around the village, take away coffee, whizz back to the caravan for a whizz ! :laugh:
I meant what public toilets, we find there were very few open prior to the lockdown

Top Bottom