Home D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
I've got ceilings to paper(I hate doing it so may farm that job out to a PnD). Dining room to paint, living room to strip and repaper/paint, lay laminate in both rooms. Also touch up the marks the carpet fitters left of which there are many. The joys of having so much building work done all at once(however bugger all should be needed for years and years) ......oh, throw a newborn into the mix which as expected has slowed the whole process :hyper:

Wifey can't deal with our master bedroom closet, which she gave up to our Son for a # of years (along w/ the master bedroom itself!). we're trying to take back control, since he moved out, over a year ago! but the closet is tough for her. she hired a professional "organizer" to visit & do some of the work "objectively". of course that means I have to get there & see what's what, before she arrives! argh!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Got my shed to roof level, all boarded and a coat of bitumen paint on the roof, plus wall painted to keep the weather off. Now has a tarp over the top for the terrible weather that's coming. When time allows it will be clad with log lap and shingles fitted.
Have you considered EPDM for the roof. It has an estimated 50 year lifespan.

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday 9am, started to replace the roof and re felt the garden shed.
8x6 with an overhang roof makes for a lot of heavy, saturated timber. Hard work separating everything without damaging stuff, garden looked like a disaster area but all done.
New roof with OSB
Felt adhesive then felt and tacked down
Same with a smaller toolshed in the corner.

All the old timber and felt disposed of.
Cost £170 although I've got a roll of felt left over and a piece of £5 timber, might take it back once I'm off self isolation.

All the offcuts of OSB , quite a bit, given FOC via FB, it's a great way of giving stuff away and getting rid.

Fence separating the patio from the lawn taken down this morning, lawn cut. Looking a lot better.

As I look down the street, I can see most peoples shed roofs are cream crackered, that storm did a lot of damage on the quiet.

8 hours physical work, I ache today :whistle:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Started the framing for my deck. Old deck was rotten as it was built flat on the ground. Mines raised on concrete slabs. 579786

I have 2 garages here ar Drago Towers. One is in the back garden, and was probably just about a cessible by an Austin 7 but little hope of a modern csr accessing it,

Its been derelict and needing a new roof for a while, but because I don't use it I've never bothered. Well, I've decided that this year I'm going to fix it and turn it into an indoor pistol range.
I thought you might have a pipe range extended into your neighbours garden.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I was in B&Q today gathering provisions for my latest project (a wooden wheelie bin fence/shield/dsiguise) and I noticed composite decking for sale. I did not know that this was a thing. Anyone know much about it?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I was in B&Q today gathering provisions for my latest project (a wooden wheelie bin fence/shield/dsiguise) and I noticed composite decking for sale. I did not know that this was a thing. Anyone know much about it?
Its pretty expensive stuff, but on the plus side it will never rot

Top Bottom