Home D.I.Y.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Downside of lockdown, my local carpet supplier is closed, so the dark purple will have to stay for a bit, same for the furniture. Nevermind, I can move on to the demolishing the kitchen/diner wall instead.
was gonna say you could rip up the carpeting, paint the plywood floor & get an area rug or two. but sounds like you're a man on a mission, a mission of demo!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have 2 garages here ar Drago Towers. One is in the back garden, and was probably just about a cessible by an Austin 7 but little hope of a modern csr accessing it,

Its been derelict and needing a new roof for a while, but because I don't use it I've never bothered. Well, I've decided that this year I'm going to fix it and turn it into an indoor pistol range.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have 2 garages here ar Drago Towers. One is in the back garden, and was probably just about a cessible by an Austin 7 but little hope of a modern csr accessing it,

Its been derelict and needing a new roof for a while, but because I don't use it I've never bothered. Well, I've decided that this year I'm going to fix it and turn it into an indoor pistol range.
Rather than board & felt the roof if you have to replace the asbestos, consider galvanised steel panels, it doesn't work out more expensive & it'll still be there long after you're pushing up the diasies.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It currently has whats left of a board and felt roof. Funnily enough, great minds think alike - I was thinking of using the square corrugated panels.

D

Deleted member 26715

It currently has whats left of a board and felt roof. Funnily enough, great minds think alike - I was thinking of using the square corrugated panels.
I did my workshop, left all the boards & felt on, just removed any high spots, I laid fibreglass membrane on only because I had some left over, then laid the sheets on, tekscrews straight through metal into boards, job done in less than an hour, be good for 30-40 years

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Few jobs.

Two this afternoon...

Blooming electric has been tripping. Blew twice today and I realised something was up with the hot tub. Pump and bubble blower worked, but upon putting on the heater, boom, all house down. We'd had a new pump unit within warranty a few years back, and we weren't required to send back. I've pulled the heater out of that as the blower went. Removed current pump unit, changed heater all working.

Cooking tea earlier, electric went again. Hmmm. All other power on, just fridge/freezer and microwave. As I pulled the fridge out, could hear a fizz from the socket. Hot footed it to B&Q for a new socket and then cooked tea.

Weekend's job. Bled our bedroom radiator as thats where air collects. After that the boiler got noisy. Hmm, not put inhibitor in for a bit, nor anti kettle solution. We've got a header tank, so scooped out some water, and added the solutions. Over the weekend the noise has gone as the fluid has been drawn into the system. Phew.

D

Deleted member 26715

Repainted the brickwork on the inside of the porch. Its sarf facing with a very large expanse of glass and the weak wintry sun quickly had the temerateure up.
Are you sure it wasn't your Ferrari, not your Porch

fossyant

Emergency repair to the pop up gazebo. One of the metal struts in the frame of the gazebo snapped at the 'pivot' at weekend as the 'lads' were taking it down due to high winds. They are using it again, but they have taped it together.

I've just grabbed a piece of timber, drilled a hole for a new pivot, then cable tied and gaffa taped the timber to the snapped part of the metal frame. Then I've inserted a long bolt through the timber and through the hole on the non-snapped part of the frame and bolted together. It's not elegant but it works and the gazebo can be folded away.

fossyant

Got a new toy to collect shortly. A garden shredder ! Whoo. We have lots of bushes and trees that I have to trim down, and it just ends up on the land behind our house. Plan is to shred it all, and pop it in the bottom of the cat run where the cat's do their business ! Any excess will be used as mulch. Been wanting one for a while !

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Finished this box the other day. It's to hold a dowelling jig. I buy tools to build boxes to hold the tools I've bought.

20210202_090439[1].jpg

I used the dowelling jig to make my daughter this table.

20210106_094914[1].jpg

Lockdown has given me the opportunity to rekindle my interest in woodworking. I've run out of wood now so spend my time watching Paul Seller's videos

Top Bottom