Honest opinions on a proper bike fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a bit sceptical over the bike fit I had, a retul (mainly the cost to benefit ratio) however, it did identify a discrepency in my leg length and I think that has made the clicking in my thigh less audible and if that prolongs the life of my hip it'll be a good cost to benefit ratio.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I failed my first 200km attempt mostly due to major discomfort on the bike. I paid £65 for a bike fit with an absolute legend (Vankru Cycling) and I didn't fail my next 200km attempt!

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

I'm a bit sceptical over the bike fit I had, a retul (mainly the cost to benefit ratio) however, it did identify a discrepency in my leg length and I think that has made the clicking in my thigh less audible and if that prolongs the life of my hip it'll be a good cost to benefit ratio.
I must admit I am slightly sceptical as I've obviously never had one done and I keep asking myself will it really make a difference, I hope that it does as I can't continue with the discomfort I'm getting, from doing internet searches I'm finding far more people saying it's made a difference than not

Although slightly sceptical I'm also optimistic........I have to be for £100

I must admit I am slightly sceptical as I've obviously never had one done and I keep asking myself will it really make a difference, I hope that it does as I can't continue with the discomfort I'm getting, from doing internet searches I'm finding far more people saying it's made a difference than not

Although slightly sceptical I'm also optimistic........I have to be for £100
I wasn't uncomfortable before the fit and wasn't after but if you are it'll be more of an imediate cost benefit ratio.

Interesting reading of people's experiences. We are all different and want different things from our bikes. e.g. cf. Vickster and Mr H!!!

Important point, touched on above by someone, is to make sure that the person doing the fit is fully cognizant of what YOU want to get from your riding - the fitter should then take this into account when setting the bike up.

I had a BG fit just over a year ago. It was worth while to me as it sorted out my neck/shoulder ache that I was getting after about 40/50 miles. Now do greater distances with no bother - still have not yet achieved an imperial ton, though!

Cold

Yes, my fitter reckons 15 hours of cycling. I've done that, feet still sore!

Thanks I set the bike up myself with online advice and one day it feels great the next not so good will give it a week or so and see how it feels after that.

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Had my bike fit done, never knew how thorough a examination was until today

I was there for a little over 3 hours with every inch of me and the bike measured, actually found out I have one arm longer than the other ha ha

All I can say is there is a massive difference in comfort, a few subtle changes and some new handle bars made me instantly more comfortable

I've been for a short 8 miler to try it out and no sign of discomfort at all,

I'm not going to base the improvement on this alone as I was probably unconsciously pushing even harder than normal but the first 4 miles my avarage speed was up by 4mph on the 4 mile return I rode normally and my avarage was up by 2mph

As said I'm not reading to much into the speed as I need to do a 30-40 miler for a true comparison

Can't express how pleased I am with the comfort as it stands now, if I can stay comfortable over long millage I will be over the moon

Had my bike fit done, never knew how thorough a examination was until today
<snip>
Can't express how pleased I am with the comfort as it stands now, if I can stay comfortable over long millage I will be over the moon
Glad it's not just me, my bike fit had a very similar outcome.

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Cheers guys, on a bit of a high now as it was really disheartening me

Not going to fool myself and expect 18mph on longer rides but if I gain 2mph I'll be happy, the biggest thing for me is the comfort

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Well done jason, that was the chap in Cross Hands was it?
Yeah it was, he was great very thorough and helpful, really knew what he was doing, one of the problems was my hips rocking but my saddle height was correct so he done some adjustments at the front which stopped them rocking

The adjustments made were small but made a massive difference

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeah it was, he was great very thorough and helpful, really knew what he was doing, one of the problems was my hips rocking but my saddle height was correct so he done some adjustments at the front which stopped them rocking

The adjustments made were small but made a massive difference
That's good to know Jason, thank you for updating us. Would you let us know how you progress then maybe when I get mine done you could give me the fellas details?

Top Bottom