Hopefully Lesson Learnt To Take A Phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't own a mobile.........
See last point above.

Ganymede

Veteran
In the days when phones were less complex, a local chap stumbled into my drive and collapsed with anaphylactic shock due to a bee sting. I looked after him till the ambulance arrived, then grabbed his phone and tried to ring his wife while they injected him etc. I found "home" in the index and rang that.

Me: "Your husband is on his way into hospital in (Town) - he's had a severe allergic reaction but he's in good hands"
Wife: "Has he got the van with him?"
Me: Huh?
*line goes dead as phone runs out of juice*

(They very sweetly brought me a huge bunch of flowers the next day.)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I rarely bother. I cycle to get away from things like phones and people. There's no signal on much of my favourite routes anyway.
The phone can be switched off, its just something that may be of use at some point if you need it.

Kies

Lock screen has my home number and ICE mobile numbers on it. The phone is locked with a passcode

Mr Celine

Discordian
The phone can be switched off, its just something that may be of use at some point if you need it.
If I took everything that may be of use at some point I'd need a trailer. My phone is always switched off and for double security the battery is normally flat. My present one is a cast off from Mrs Celine and I do sometimes take it to use the camera, but that's rubbish anyway. With no signal and a flat battery it's only use would be as a handy missile in the event of a dangerously close pass.

400bhp

Guru
If I took everything that may be of use at some point I'd need a trailer. My phone is always switched off and for double security the battery is normally flat. My present one is a cast off from Mrs Celine and I do sometimes take it to use the camera, but that's rubbish anyway. With no signal and a flat battery it's only use would be as a handy missile in the event of a dangerously close pass.

What do you do if you're miles from nowhere and you have an unfixable mechanical?

snorri

Legendary Member
I rarely bother. I cycle to get away from things like phones and people. There's no signal on much of my favourite routes anyway.
Wot Mr Celine said.:smile:
Rather than carry a phone, I think the moral of the story is not to allow yourself to be led into a situation you may not be able to get out of.
In this case your friend had no map or other form of navigational aid and was relying on your ability to get him home. If you had had some misfortune he would not have known which way to turn in order to get you assistance, and he also would have required routing advice from some third party in order to get home.:sad:.

Top Bottom