hotels near Manchester Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I would stay in the city centre and enjoy Manchester. Driving in in the evening won't be bad and out in the morning will be OK too, the rush hour doesn't last long and it's a compact city. I often drive in from the north and it's pretty easy at most times of the day, even during rush hour.

Like I wrote, it depends on your budget but I think you can't beat the Novotel for ease of access, easy parking in the Q park underneath and access to pubs and restaurants.

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
Cheers will take a look at novotel. Just had another thought....do hotels let you take bikes into rooms? Don't really want to leave them in the car.

Globalti

Legendary Member
That was one reason why I recommend the Novotel - the Q Park underneath is pretty secure and I'd be happy to leave bikes locked in a car, reversed up to the wall and covered with a blanket. It's a small privately-run car park, brightly lit and well maintained with only one pedestrian entrance. I'm sure they would allow you to take a bike into your room anyway. I get a corporate rate of £99 for B&B - if you want to take advantage of that, send me a PM and I'll call the reservations manager.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
yeah but the A6 from Levy down to and past Stockport holds a very special place in Satans cold black heart.

Oh yes. It's where I got left hooked, landed some 30 foot down the road inbetween scaffolding, although the bike wasn't so lucky and crashed into said scaffolding, bending the top tube.

Back on topic:-

You can park fine at the Velodrome if there isn't an event on (e.g. Revolution - they use City's parking). I'd look to stay further out as it's not the most pleasant of areas. Plenty of premier inns a little further out, and you've got a fair bit out near Ashton - retail park/cinema/bowling/food and Ikea !

OP
OP
hobbitonabike

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
That was one reason why I recommend the Novotel - the Q Park underneath is pretty secure and I'd be happy to leave bikes locked in a car, reversed up to the wall and covered with a blanket. It's a small privately-run car park, brightly lit and well maintained with only one pedestrian entrance. I'm sure they would allow you to take a bike into your room anyway. I get a corporate rate of £99 for B&B - if you want to take advantage of that, send me a PM and I'll call the reservations manager.

Wow thank you Globalti!!! If we decide more on city centre I will be in touch.:thumbsup:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Premier Inn, Denton - we like it...

Yes

Used that place many a time as I lived in Denton for about 10 years

We used to have mens breakfast at the Denton one on Saturdays with about 10 of us from church, not bad, also took the children on many occasion, child friendly.

This was about 4 years back though

Its about a 20-30 minute cycle ride to the Velodrome from that hotel/pub

Oh Im at the evening track meeting on Saturday February 1st, taking a lady friend as she aint been before :smile:

The Cycle centre is in a pretty crap part of Manchester, but I would not send my worst enemy to stay in Denton!

It's right on the M60/67 junction - so you're not really staying 'in Denton' as such. We had no issues there whatsoever - in fact for the price it was excellent..

Top Bottom