hotels near Manchester Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good recommendation. There's the new Phillip's Park mountain bike trail just behind there and Cookson's Cycles is about a mile away.

bigjim

Legendary Member
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/MANTGI/manchester-prestwich
Just up the road from me. I know a few people use it and recommend it. Rooms from £29. Right on the motorway junction. Next door to a huge Tesco and a decent TGI Fridays and a Subway.
4 miles from the City Centre but lively heart of Prestwich half a mile away. Nice restaurants etc.
Couple of good bike shops as well. Easy ride to Velodrome if needs be.
The guy at the bike shop in Prestwich is something to do with the Velodrome. Been riding there all his life. His mate still holds the unofficial record for the hour [think it's the hour]. There was some disputed infringement at the time and it was not registered.
Oh and there is the Metrolink station there to go into Manchester. I think you can get to the Velodrome on it now as you can get on there for Droylesdon.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I've ridden the Cape Argus in Cape Town, hotel rooms all over the city have been full of bikes as 35,000 people ride that race. At my hotel they even had a bike building and storage room on each floor guarded by professional security and a ticket system for retrieving your bike.

Top Bottom