How am I going to keep my sanity?!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

For the next 9 months until I have the funds to move house??

Been here for 3 years now and had nothing but trouble, horrible and noisy neighbours (apart from a few exceptions, credit where it`s due:smile:), repeated attempts to break into my garage - I keep the bike in the house now, I came home from a week away to find loads of airgun pellets in the garden, and the final straw last night my car was the victim:angry::smile:

Amazing really, this is supposed to be a quiet (ish) spot on the outskirts of the city and all this happens, yet a bloke I work with lives right in the heart of a notorious "rough area" and has had absolutley no problem whatsoever in 10 years!!

A few words of encouragement to keep my sanity intact would be very much appreciated;):bicycle:!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
speccy1 said:
.......a bloke I work with lives right in the heart of a notorious "rough area" and has had absolutley no problem whatsoever in 10 years!!

Does the phrase, 'Don't defaecate on your own doorstep' mean anything?

The scrotes live in rough areas, but commute to nice places to get on people's t*ts.

Well done on the move, where on mainland Europe are you going?

graham56

Guru
+1 what User76 says;). But that's Guz for you. Try moving to Bickleigh, rough lot but they wont shoot in your garden.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

User76 said:
The thing is, the "rough 'uns" who live on "rough estates" all appreciate the neighbours are probably equally as "rough". Much easier to go and pick on the softies in the posh estate, or even better, move to the soft estate and be a big fish.

Have you thought of finding out who did it, and kicking their teeth in?:bicycle:

About 2000 times since I discovered it!!!

C/P, had a week up in your part of the world a month ago, I would give my right arm to live in Yorkshire, but it`s not really viable. In reality I want to get out of Plymouth to somewhere a bit more rural and peaceful, and that way I`ll have a decent commute to work....added bonus!!!!

graham56

Guru
29????, that's overkill. Speccy1 would still be better off with the boys at 42.:biggrin::evil:

Ps. where are you Speccy1, Southway?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
CCTV and inundate local boys in blue with complaints/evidence. Write to your MP, councillors, chief constable - Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. Then having dropped who-ever in the sh*t - move out :biggrin:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

twentysix by twentyfive said:
CCTV and inundate local boys in blue with complaints/evidence. Write to your MP, councillors, chief constable - Uncle Tom Cobbley and all. Then having dropped who-ever in the sh*t - move out :smile:

Won`t all this raise it`s ugly head when I try to sell the house though?:becool:

That`s the only thing that puts me off, otherwise I would go to town with all of it

twowheelsgood

Hi Speccy, I'm really surprised you have this many problems. Parts of Crownhill are really quite posh and my Grandparents lived on the poets council estate in Manadon and never had a hint of trouble (mind you that was 10 years ago now and most of the residents then moved in in the mid-1950s when the place was new, dunno wot it's like now).

I grew up in Plympton. No trouble whatsoever, dull in a pleasant, uneventful way. I enjoyed cycling out onto the moors in the 1970s but the traffic just became too fast for narrow road with the limited visibility hedgerows give you.

Still, although the city isn't up to all that much, you have the moors and the coast so I'd still rate it as a place to live.

Top Bottom