How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
Long-sighted?

Astigmatism. Right eye can't properly focus on anything further than about 6 inches, but my left eye's cool.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Usually going uphill with a bit of a tailwind is great, but at the moment it is a bit of a nightmare. Went up Holme Moss yesterday, my paltry speed almost exactly the same as the tailwind. Result, no breeze at all. Result, meltdown...and this was at 10am

Drinking loads. Yesterday was 32 miles with 3,600ft climbing. Got through more than 2 litres.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The heat is stupid. Utterly and completely stupid. There is no need whatsoever for it to be this hot and it simply shows that whoever is in charge of this sort of thing is a dick. What should be done is that the hottest and coldest parts of the year should be averaged out so that it can be a pleasant and managible temperature all the year round. Say about 15 ish.
Untill this happens I don't see any reason why I should pay my taxes or tv licence or for any of my groceries. Or clothes. Or beer. None of it until those b#*t*#ds sort their s##t out and make things a bit more bearable for me. (And others obviously, I wouldn't leave you guys out of the deal)
I am sick and tired of walking down the street in my skimpy vest and shorts only to have women staring at me, open mouthed, mentaly dressing me with their eyes. It's humiliating.
No more of this stupid heat. It's stupid.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have been waiting for this since Feb, there is no way I am going to moan about. Before you know it I will be back to checking the BBC local news & weather at 6.30am for an ice report...

sheffgirl

The ride home is certainly interesting lately. It ends in a series of steep hills which leave me sweating even on a cool day :heat:
Tonight I stopped just around the corner from home and stripped my vest off, rode the last few hundred metres up the back streets in just a sports bra (and shorts, obviously), god that cool breeze felt good on my skin :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The ride home is certainly interesting lately. It ends in a series of steep hills which leave me sweating even on a cool day :heat:
Tonight I stopped just around the corner from home and stripped my vest off, rode the last few hundred metres up the back streets in just a sports bra (and shorts, obviously), god that cool breeze felt good on my skin :smile:

I was contemplating that ... I was riding along and hitching my top up and then whipping it back down again when I spotted anyone in the distance. I felt very silly :blush:

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's around 27 degrees when I leave my office near Bury but has dropped to around 23 by the time I reach home in the Ribble Valley - perfect!

Top Bottom