How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

I did 107 miles on Sunday with the temp hovering around 28C. Lots of stops to fill the water bottles and occasional salt tabs thrown in to replace salts through sweating. Felt cool whilst riding but the heat was unbearable during pitstops

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I'm taking credit for the heatwave, as I had the aircon regassed in my car just at the start. I'm not one for the heat normally, but after the dismal weather the last few months, I'm not complaining. I haven't had many of the usual headaches - that's possibly due to the Transitions lenses in my glasses...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm coping much better now that I have lost a lot of weight. What bothered me on a sunny walk today was the cloud of hundreds of flies attracted to my sweat! :cursing:

A van driver slowed down and shouted "Oi mate, you've got hundreds of flies round yer head!"

Right, like I hadn't noticed! I'd been breathing through clenched teeth for 10 minutes ...

I'm taking credit for the heatwave, as I had the aircon regassed in my car just at the start. I'm not one for the heat normally, but after the dismal weather the last few months, I'm not complaining. I haven't had many of the usual headaches - that's possibly due to the Transitions lenses in my glasses...
I used to suffer from bad black out migraine but touch wood not since I started wearing glasses 18 years ago (god I'm getting old!).

PBB

Veteran
Since I started cycling again in 2011 I can now cope with the heat better than I did previously (generally) - perhaps that is down to the removal of some fat, or just better fitness I'm not sure.

I suspect the former!

Downsides are the midges around the lake where I commute past (must keep gob shut) and I have to use my pannier rack, or else my back turns into a mass of sweat if I wear a rucksack

beeblemaster

Über Member
A bit too hot for me in the mid afternoon, but my regular lunchtime rides have been good.

Early mornings and evenings are great though! ;-)

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm coping by sitting in the garden during the evening watching Le Tour De France on my laptop and plenty to drink. I may go cycling tomorrow morning..

Not coping well, just about blacked out today :sad:
I was fine riding but we had a bit of an event on our ride which resulted in me standing still for a long time and although I sought shade I felt that weird feeling in the ears and eyes going black (too much blood in my head I think) and had to squat before collapsing :sad:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
32 degs on our iron mountain ride today - this fat lardy arsed welshman wilted badly

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm loving the heat (it's not overly hot in Ayrshire anyway!) :sun: .

I WILL be complaining soon enough when we get back to "normal"; i.e. cold, wet, and windy :thumbsdown:.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I used to suffer from bad black out migraine but touch wood not since I started wearing glasses 18 years ago (god I'm getting old!).

I started wearing glasses 13 years ago when I was 28. My eyes had got fairly bad by then. The first few days was weird. I'm short-sighted, so when my eyes saw things in focus, my brain processed them as being close. I was stamping about and the floors were sloping!

Kookas

Über Member
I started wearing glasses 13 years ago when I was 28. My eyes had got fairly bad by then. The first few days was weird. I'm short-sighted, so when my eyes saw things in focus, my brain processed them as being close. I was stamping about and the floors were sloping!

Wearing my glasses makes me feel an extra foot taller, for some reason. And I'm already huge.

Top Bottom