How are you coping with the heat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Breaking out the long sleeves & leg 'warmers' again... this time in white. They're like my own personal moving sun shade :dance:

tmesis

Biggest problem I have is sweat dipping into my eyes and on the inside of my sunglasses

I use Halo Headbands, which have an internal strip which channels the sweat to the side of the face. The bandannas and beanies seem to be best in hot weather, as they can soak up more sweat. They're not cheap, but worth it IMO. The only downside is they leave a ridged depression on your forehead for 30 minutes or so after you've taken them off.

inkd

The heat is stupid. Utterly and completely stupid. There is no need whatsoever for it to be this hot and it simply shows that whoever is in charge of this sort of thing is a dick. What should be done is that the hottest and coldest parts of the year should be averaged out so that it can be a pleasant and managible temperature all the year round. Say about 15 ish.
+1 couldn`t agree more:laugh:

15 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrr...................I would like 20-25 degrees year round...........thinking of moving to South Africa. Clocked 39.5 degrees in the shade at 4pm today and I am working in someones attic:heat:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well ITN News aren't coping very well. Just watched Julie & Alistair and you'd think there was a full scale national disaster going on out there. We've got amber health warnings, people about to keel over, people about to drown etc etc.

Jeez - we spend most of the year bitching about how crap British weather is and as soon as we have a lovely spell it's all doom and gloom.

What's going on?

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
Yep completely negative spin on the weather from all the local news outlets.

green1

Über Member
Did my fastest 40k yesterday, wasn't even trying but went 5 mins faster than I have before. Heat... I love it.

green1

Über Member
Well ITN News aren't coping very well. Just watched Julie & Alistair and you'd think there was a full scale national disaster going on out there. We've got amber health warnings, people about to keel over, people about to drown etc etc.

Jeez - we spend most of the year bitching about how crap British weather is and as soon as we have a lovely spell it's all doom and gloom.

What's going on?
Good news doesn't sell.

Frood42

I know where my towel is
It's been great, and I have been getting quicker on the bike, but I find I am going through a lot of water, and when I stop I am sweating buckets.
Long may it continue!

Although sleeping at night, or lack of has been a down side.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It's only three months since there were snow drifts on the roadsides and the last four days have been as warm as it ever gets in the North East so I'm trying to enjoy every moment and ride as much as I can. I don't see it as 'coping' at all.

This in very large spades. I prefer it cooler but we've had a couple of pretty cr**py years that people have moaned at. I can't possibly comprehend how a lot of the same people can be complaining so quickly about a short hot spell.

I'm loving my riding right now and seem to have a little bit more spring in my knackered knee in the warm, keep it up weather gods.

Top Bottom