How are you so fit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Garth hill was the inspiration for the film "The Englishman who went up a hill and came down a mountain"

Yes, I knew that. I saw the film a fair few years ago, but I remember all the talk about that when it came out.

I did that planned route today (apart from a slight detour down towards Danescourt when I missed the Radyr turn!)
30 miles, 814m elevation https://www.strava.com/activities/8037786134

I actually enjoyed it. I think the Heol Goch road is probably the easiest way up, even though Strava has it as Cat 4 and doesn't have the Tyn-y-Coed way categorised at all.

Yes, I knew that. I saw the film a fair few years ago, but I remember all the talk about that when it came out.

I did that planned route today (apart from a slight detour down towards Danescourt when I missed the Radyr turn!)
30 miles, 814m elevation https://www.strava.com/activities/8037786134

I actually enjoyed it. I think the Heol Goch road is probably the easiest way up, even though Strava has it as Cat 4 and doesn't have the Tyn-y-Coed way categorised at all.

Heol Goch is hard enough for my old legs.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
30 miles, 814m elevation
I prefer metric units - so many metres of elevation gain per km (typically about 20 m/km around here). A lot of people I know still use imperial units - so many feet of elevation gain per mile (typically about 100 ft/mile around here). I get totally confused by mixing the units like that though! :wacko:

Alex321

Veteran
I prefer metric units - so many metres of elevation gain per km (typically about 20 m/km around here). A lot of people I know still use imperial units - so many feet of elevation gain per mile (typically about 100 ft/mile around here). I get totally confused by mixing the units like that though! :wacko:

I prefer metric generally, but am just so used to miles that I still tend to use them.

And my Wahoo lets me combine them that way, so I can't be the only one. Though Strava doesn't, it has to be all metric or all imperial on Strava.

Alex321

Veteran
Heol Goch is hard enough for my old legs.

Most of that was around 6-7%, I don't think it ever hit double figures, while Tyn-y-Coed hit over 14% at one point, and quite a lot of it was around 10%.

I had to laugh at my Wahoo getting a spurious data point off to the right of the road on the hill down to Danescourt, so it thought I'd reached 47.5mph, when I doubt I was really much over 30 :smile:

Top Bottom