How big is your telly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
42", and it only plays DVDs, because TV's generally not worth watching.

MarkF

Guru
42", a larger one wouldn't fit in the alcove, so that's the limit for us, it's recently replaced a 32". It seems that nobody wants a 32" TV today, I paid £1200 for a 32" Philips LCD 8 years ago, last week it sold on Ebay, in perfect condition, for £26. :sad: The buyer didn't even turn up to collect so it's now back on Ebay. :sad::sad:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
42", a larger one wouldn't fit in the alcove, so that's the limit for us, it's recently replaced a 32". It seems that nobody wants a 32" TV today, I paid £1200 for a 32" Philips LCD 8 years ago, last week it sold on Ebay, in perfect condition, for £26. :sad: The buyer didn't even turn up to collect so it's now back on Ebay. :sad::sad:
I paid £2300 (and it was in a sale, should of been £2700) for our 40" a few years ago, you can pick them up for £300 now.

gbb

Legendary Member
46 Panasonic plasma in the living room..bear in mind the room is 19ft long so a big sceen is necessary if you're at one end, telly is at the other.
40 in the bedroom. I know thats a huge no no to some, but we like to relax and watch films, especially in the winter when i prefer to just hibernate TBH.
32 in the diner kitchen. Again, if we're in the kitchen, the tv is up to 13ft away, so a small screen doesnt really work

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I paid £2300 (and it was in a sale, should of been £2700) for our 40" a few years ago, you can pick them up for £300 now.

Similar to us. We bought a 37" Sharp Aquos about 10 years ago. Top of the range then. Cost about £2500. But it still has a great picture. Won't be getting rid anytime soon even though I am seduced by Ebuyer emails most days showing their biggest and best new tv's. :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
Miss Goodbody had a couple of big ones, and she's always taking the mickey out of my 'tiny apparatus', as she calls it. I told her it's not that straightforward getting a bigger one, you have to know it's gonna fit.

As long as she doesn't make a point of putting her glasses on every time she looks at it you're ok.

KEEF

Veteran
image.jpg

Top Bottom