How big is your telly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
the general rule is that if your telly is too big for the room/house you is a chav.

we have a 32 inch sony bravia and it is just right.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have a 32" TV but only because Hubster inherited it when his Father died a year ago. We still have our 22" TV in the bedroom. It's perfect for in there and we take it when we go off in our wee caravan where it's a humungous TV.

We go to houses were the TV totally dominates the room. One place has a 60" TV in a small terraced house. It's always on and I always get a headache when I'm there.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
32" TV in the living room which is now 7 years old. I can't see any point in upgrading it until the TV dies, and I'm resisting the temptation to have a TV in the bedroom. I wish I could find the remote though it's been missing for over two years.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
[QUOTE 3490240, member: 259"]I wouldn't have a telly on the bedroom. Bedrooms are for reading railway timetables. :whistle:[/QUOTE]
On really cold days when we don't want to put the heating on, we hide under the duvet and watch DVDs. Currently watching The West Wing, again. It's not often used in the bedroom but it's somewhere to store it.

stephec

Legendary Member
On really cold days when we don't want to put the heating on, we hide under the duvet and watch DVDs. Currently watching The West Wing, again. It's not often used in the bedroom but it's somewhere to store it.

You are talking about the TV? :biggrin:

There's a TV on the wall in our bedroom, but I don't think it's been switched on for over eighteen months.

I haven't got a clue what size the main TV is, the kids have got one each in their rooms but I can't ever see me wanting one in the kitchen.

Drago

Legendary Member
50" in the front room, 42" in our bedroom (the missus is partially sighted so the big screen helps) and 24" in the garden office. I'm not especially worried about humungous tellies, it's just they way they are now.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3490288, member: 259"]it has to be said they use up a lot less space than some of the last generation ones.[/QUOTE]indeedy, all.3 are wall mounted and the one in the living room.has the Sky box and Blu Ray mounted on a shelf directly beneath it and the sound bar directly above it so they don't use.up any real estate at all. Removes the danger of the wee kiddies pulling them over and hurting themselves.

37" in front room. Actually the only TV in the house.
On movie nights the projector comes out, the screen is only around 6' diagonal but projector can easily go to the full 10' width of the room.
Projector normally lives in spare room with xbox games on the wall. My kids xbox parties are quite popular

andyfraser

Über Member
I haven't got a clue what size the main TV is, the kids have got one each in their rooms but I can't ever see me wanting one in the kitchen.
In the old flat I could easily see and hear the TV from the kitchen so I could put something on the TV and cook dinner or bake a cake. I can barely hear the TV in the kitchen of the new house so I'd love a TV in the kitchen. I do have radio in the kitchen though.
50" in the front room, 42" in our bedroom (the missus is partially sighted so the big screen helps) and 24" in the garden office. I'm not especially worried about humungous tellies, it's just they way they are now.
I can remember struggling with a 28" CRT back in the day. I wouldn't have dared to try to move a 32" CRT. I couldn't conceive of anything bigger. Those rear projection things were huge!

Drago

Legendary Member
I bought a very nice 28" Sony CRT in1999 and it was summat like £800 and for the day was immense. Lovely picture and my daughter used it right up to the digital switchover.

TVs are so cheap now for what you get.

Top Bottom