How big is your telly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For those that have one. I'm asking because after many years I have taken the plunge and bought a massive great thing, all 32" of it, yet when I researched tv's a lot of the blurb reckoned 32" was the right size for a kitchen or bedroom! I think I may be occupying a parallel universe to some. Certainly when I walk past houses in the evening I see some humongous screen sizes. We don't have a big house so why would we have a big telly. Am I right?

potsy

Rambler
32" here too, upgraded a couple of years ago from a 28".

andyfraser

Über Member
We have a 42" in the living room, 32" in the bedroom and I use a 26" as a monitor for my PC. Although our living room isn't very big we could go to 55" without much problem and get the full benefit of Blu-ray.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
32" in the bedroom, soon to be a 40" when we get a 55" to replace the 40" in the living room. The 32" is going in the spare room where my wife has her cross trainer.

hoopdriver

Guru
Don't watch telly

Mrs M

Guru
32 in bedroom, 42 in living room.
Just personal preference and what you're used to.
We had the 32 back in the living room temporarily when the 42 blew a gasket and was away getting repaired, looked tiny after getting used to the bigger one.

U

User6179

For those that have one. I'm asking because after many years I have taken the plunge and bought a massive great thing, all 32" of it, yet when I researched tv's a lot of the blurb reckoned 32" was the right size for a kitchen or bedroom! I think I may be occupying a parallel universe to some. Certainly when I walk past houses in the evening I see some humongous screen sizes. We don't have a big house so why would we have a big telly. Am I right?

The bigger the TV the further you have to be away from it .

Top Bottom