How can Donhou charge £2300 for an off the shelf 853 frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So either it is ok to do it, or it isn't - I'm not clear.
No one here except a mod is going to stop you expressing your opinions. But you will get called on them if others disagree.

There is no envy here, and I'm not sure why you think there is.
Because of the name calling, is why.

"I would not pay that for that frame" is one thing whilst "I would not pay that for that frame and, what is more, anyone who does is a mug" is quite another. some will find that offensive, others will ask "Why do you say that?"

You come across a bit like you aren't used to having your opinions challenged, and your communication style does you no favours. I'll put that down to your only having recently joined CC.

(unless you are a returnee of some kind....)

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Craftsmanship.

twice as good (or twice as nice?) as woodrup, argos, Rourke and the rest ? You're sacrificing bespokeness too.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hang on - I missed this earlier. So Donhou - by charging twice the cost of the others - is the only one who is pricing his frames fairly?
Can you provide a link to a builder who lists an OTS 853 ProTeam disc frame with fitted CK head set and identical carbon disc fork. Then I could compare apples with apples.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My question isn't rhetorical - what are you getting for double (or whatever) the price of some pretty high-end alternatives, on the surface rather higher-end alternatives it would seem to me?
Give him a call. He'll tell you. You can then decide if you are convinced. Or not.

Citius

I think you will find there was a few more than just me.

Moral majority?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
twice as good (or twice as nice?) as woodrup, argos, Rourke and the rest ? You're sacrificing bespokeness too.
Perhaps he delivers it in a calf skin pouch. Perhaps when you collect it it comes with a free soigneur. Perhaps he pays himself a decent wage and doesn't get his apprentice to do his welding for him.

Fact is we don't know what his value proposition or USP actually is in this case.

Top Bottom