How can this be true?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al78

Guru
I`ve just made the mistake of looking up GCN as a club on Strava, to see that number 1 position on the leaderboard has done nearly 1500 miles this week, and every week back into the dark ages of time:eek:

Is this for real? How the hell is that sustainable, or possible? It`s all I can do to clock up 200 miles each week in amongst all the other demands of life. Am I missing something???

It is possible if you have excellent stamina, excellent overnight recovery ability, eat well, and have nothing else to do in your life.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It is possible if you have excellent stamina, excellent overnight recovery ability, eat well, and have nothing else to do in your life.
I think the last bit , and the means to do it are the overiding factor.
There is a thursday evening club ride not 5 miles from me but by the time i have cycle commuted an done a full days work i have had enough.Sunday is about the only time i have the motivation to do more.

That`s him. I just don`t get it. It takes me 6 hours to ride a century, on a hot and sunny Sunday, never mind riding two, every day for a fecking year. I`d sooner give up and take up basket weaving than do that...............

Think I'd rather work tbh, imagine doing 200 miles every day for a year. You'd never be able to go anything else for a year either!
Hold the front page! Shocking revelation: in a planet of seven and a half billion people setting a world record is harder than just living your life.

I`ve just made the mistake of looking up GCN as a club on Strava, to see that number 1 position on the leaderboard has done nearly 1500 miles this week, and every week back into the dark ages of time:eek:

Is this for real? How the hell is that sustainable, or possible? It`s all I can do to clock up 200 miles each week in amongst all the other demands of life. Am I missing something???
Multiple devices, all linked to Strava, multiply by a number of ‘accomplices’ and voila, ridiculous weekly mileage.

Tim Hall

That`s him. I just don`t get it. It takes me 6 hours to ride a century, on a hot and sunny Sunday, never mind riding two, every day for a fecking year. I`d sooner give up and take up basket weaving than do that...............
I (vaguely) remember an interview he gave at the start of his first attempt (he's on his third(?) now).
Interviewer: Well Steve, what made you do this?
Steve Abraham: Well I wasn't doing anything for a year
Interviewer, who is well briefed: Yes, but you had just given up your job.

Top Bottom