How can you make the world a better place ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe its an age thing - but I despair at modern life - We pay £100's of for stuff that never works properly - phones, smart tv's, broadband, power meters, ! - We have people buzzing around at 90mph delivering stuff at break neck speed - when 99.9% of it isn't urgent - In general we work our asses of to buy stuff we don't need

So what as individual what can you do to make the world a better place ? - become an eco warrior, or raise for for good causes - well thats for loonies ain't it ???

(Have a nice Friday everyone!!!)

vickster

Legendary Member
Ummm just don't buy the stuff you don't need?

My phone, TV and broadband work fine 99% of the time. Nothing and nobody will ever be 100% perfect. I find life easier by being pragmatic, especially about things we don't always have control over :okay: (and especially First World Problems like inadequate power meters!)

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Maybe its an age thing - but I despair at modern life - We pay £100's of for stuff that never works properly - phones, smart tv's, broadband, power meters, ! - We have people buzzing around at 90mph delivering stuff at break neck speed - when 99.9% of it isn't urgent - In general we work our asses of to buy stuff we don't need

So what as individual what can you do to make the world a better place ? - become an eco warrior, or raise for for good causes - well thats for loonies ain't it ???

(Have a nice Friday everyone!!!)

I became an 'eco warrior' decades ago..^_^

As part of that I set up a little organic farm in beautiful Devon (with a lot of hard work and help - but it was fun and satisfying too)

Now that makes me a living, feeds lots of people, and employs and trains other people in the same methods.

I also trained in a form of bodywork, that helps people feel more comfortable in their own bodies, and minds, and it makes me another, supplementary income.

I don't have loads of money, but enough, plus satisfying work, and land to work rest and play on.

And a great family, and friends.

Of course, there's more to life than farming, so sometimes will go off on walking or biking trips.. Using the train or boat to access, cos what with being a good little eco- warrior I don't fly.

I've also got a bit of mental and time capacity, left over after all that, so I use some of it to campaign through my small farms union for more people, to be able to make a living from growing good food, in a sustainable way, for their community.

Oh shoot, I do also raise money for good causes.

Yup total 'loony'

Don't become an eco- warrior whatever you do.. It's a dreadful life :rolleyes:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I just despair that paying £1k for a phone is becoming the norm - yet if you show a bit of compassion for the homeless you are viewed as somewhat odd
George Orwell sums it up:-

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!

Wouldn't/couldn't be without my girls. :wub:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I just despair that paying £1k for a phone is becoming the norm - yet if you show a bit of compassion for the homeless you are viewed as somewhat odd
George Orwell sums it up:-

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

I think my phone is in its fourth year now.

Doesn't seem any less effective at annoying people with my version of the truth. :rolleyes:

gbb

Legendary Member
Live within your means, be happy with your lot (once you have recognised you have reached as far as you reasonably can), connect with your family, especially try to show kids and grandkids 'the right way'. They are the...and your, future.
In essense i suppose i'm saying ...stop looking outwards for your fullfillment...it's all there, its within, with you and your family.

Talking to my 90 year old (barring a few days) mum last night, i said it seems life is so much faster, there's no time, everyone is cream crackered, edgy, fustrated. Reading quite a few posts in this forum, you definately see the edginess, the lack of empathy, understanding. There's a lot of it about, perhaps its the winter...perhaps people are changing for the worse.

Perhaps its politics as well. I remember a time when your politics was a matter for you and no-one else, That's changed, and the general intrasigence (sp) between factions just make it plain fustrating, a waste of time 'discussing'.
So i try to avoid politics now, i feel better for it.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
In the 10 regions in the UK where the most benefits are claimed, set up non-profit factories/ call centres to provide public services (eg. Packing army rations) with onsite nurseries. When a single parent goes to the job centre they can be given a job there, not benefits, and have a small deduction from Thier hourly rate towards the nursery for Thier child thus keeping the remainder to pay Thier rent.

Top Bottom