How can you tart up Haggis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Haggis, neeps (swede) and tatties. I need to glam it up a bit. Was thinking about maybe a whisky sauce to go with it but does anyone have any other suggestions?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
chicken breast stuffed with haggis covered in whiskey sauce, is lovely.

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Whiskey, tart,and sweet? Sounds like an ideal evening to me!!!:biggrin::tongue:

LOL!
:blush:

Yeah, I'd say it would make a good stuffing. Or how about some egg to bind it into patties, fry, and serve in a bun? *Arch not conpletely sure about this one, having never had leftover haggis, but thinks it might be worth a try?*

Garlic, tomato sauce, Tabasco might help! :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Just make a nice big indentation in the neeps with the back of a table spoon and fill the 'crater' with Whiskey. No other sauce required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Dayvo said:
Garlic, tomato sauce, Tabasco might help! :biggrin:

Better off with the whisky IMHO.
And hallucinogenics.
Or just an Indian takeaway and feed the haggis to the dog (if you don't like dogs!)

*doesn't like haggis at all*

I'm with the Doctor. Don't put quality whisky anywhere near a saucepan. A blend, on the other hand ...
I'd say a whisky sauce would be too sweet to go with haggis. I'd go with Redcogs and just serve it up with gravy. Maybe with a green veg on the side, something like steamed cabbage.
It's a tricky one to tart up, because it's so nice as it is.

andygates

Gravy all the way, baby.

A knob of melted butter.

The best addition to haggis is more haggis.

You could try a Flying Scotsman - a haggis-stuffed chicken breast (or whole chicken? Mmmm, nom nom nom!

Top Bottom