How can you tart up Haggis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Tetedelacourse said:
The haggis is already caught. Went for free-range and heather-fed, as I don't agree with the principles behind intensive battery haggis farming, and I think you get a better taste from free range.

I don't usually have much with my haggis as I like the taste. But am now worried that having chosen to serve that this weekend it needs to look a bit more fancy and taste a bit more delectable.

OK I'll extend the question to gravy. How do you make a good gravy?

Meat juices and fat, flour to make a roux, bit of wine, stock and about 500 miles of distance between it and a haggis.;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
TheDoctor said:
Meat juices and fat, flour to make a roux, bit of wine, stock and about 500 miles of distance between it and a haggis.;)
"And ah wid walk five-hundrit miles
and ah wid walk five-hundrit more
Just tae be the maaan who shoved
A piece o' haggis through yeer ma's front door..."

Tetedelacourse said:
Haggis, neeps (swede) and tatties. I need to glam it up a bit. Was thinking about maybe a whisky sauce to go with it but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Rose tinted spectacles?

Side order of deep fried Mars bar?

TVC

I know I'll be cut off from the clan MacDonald for this but I find that Haggis, like black pudding works very well with a poached egg - or at least the runny yolk anyway.
My old Scottish granny used to say that haggis should be well hung because you got a bit more meat:biggrin:

andygates

It IS a noble peasant dish. Tarting it up would have the Impenetrable Poet spinning in his grave. If you don't fall on haggis with the hunger of half-starved wolves, go out and toil some more.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
andygates said:
It IS a noble peasant dish. Tarting it up would have the Impenetrable Poet spinning in his grave. If you don't fall on haggis with the hunger of half-starved wolves, go out and toil some more.

I'd sooner fall on the half-starved wolves myself.;)

Top Bottom