How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I met my wife when I was 19 whilst working in a nightclub in Wakefield. There was a bit of a spark back then but we both had partners. We bumped into each other via a mutual friend about 10 years later and have been together ever since.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Wait what??? :ohmy:

Her name's Marin by the way. She loves riding a bit of roughstuff.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
She was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met her.
Hopefully, she ISN'T now thinking it's time she lived her life on her own... :whistle:

As for me... I never thought it would happen with me and a girl from Clapham, out on the windy Common. It DIDN'T! (I know that I am getting absent-minded, but I ain't forgetting things like that!)

It DID happen with me and girl from Wimbledon, but not out on the windy Common. Not even in Wimbledon at all in fact, surprisingly. It was actually in my student flat in Salford - and they say that romance is dead - ha ha! In our case, it now IS... We split up 20 years ago and I have been a sad singleton ever since. (There is only so much wall-headbutting that one man can do in a lifetime!)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
In a pub like normal people

Drago

Legendary Member
In a pub like normal people
Just before I retired a young Bobby was showing us how a dating app worked on his phone. You know, swipe left if they're a minger, swipe right if you liked what you saw. This bobby reckoned he was getting a lot of action, and us old sweats were amazed.

Another bobby, an ex squaddie, puffed out his chest and said "If I want to pull a bird I do it the old fashioned way, go to a pub and give 'em some banter. None of this Bucket of Fish rubbish for me!" Of course, we fell about laughing, and from that day forth all dating apps and websites were known as Bucket of Fish.

Top Bottom