How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Id separated from Mrs D mark 1, and sucdenly the chicks were throwing themselves at me. Honest, not bragging, but I was getting chatted up all over the place by single lady coppers. I was still quite raw and it was all a bit much, and while a bunk up might have been fun I politely declined all offers due to the high likelihood of being treated badly and getting hurt even worse that I was already feeling.

One day I got chatting to another lady bobby, much younger than me, had known her well enough to exchange pleasantriesmfor a couple of years. She was more subtle, asking how I was, offering a shoulder to cry on if I needed to have a blub, much less full on. Anyway, after a few weeks of friendly chatting I asked her out on a date and she accepted. The rest is history.

postman

Legendary Member
Not in the graveyard, I hope! 😳😲

😉
I like that but no.But a true story.I did a lot of volunteer work when i retired.One job was to weed the graveyard.So one morning I am on my knees pulling up weeds,when I heard crying.Looking up I see this bloke hanging on to a grave stone wailing why did you die. I went over to try and console him.So sorry fella,it it your wife.Looking at me through tears he said no,it's the wife's first husband.

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Id separated from Mrs D mark 1, and sucdenly the chicks were throwing themselves at me. Honest, not bragging, but I was getting chatted up all over the place by single lady coppers. I was still quite raw and it was all a bit much, and while a bunk up might have been fun I politely declined all offers due to the high likelihood of being treated badly and getting hurt even worse that I was already feeling.

One day I got chatting to another lady bobby, much younger than me, had known her well enough to exchange pleasantriesmfor a couple of years. She was more subtle, asking how I was, offering a shoulder to cry on if I needed to have a blub, much less full on. Anyway, after a few weeks of friendly chatting I asked her out on a date and she accepted. The rest is history.
That's a cute story:wub::wub::wub: Haha wondering how exaggerated the part about girls throwing themselves at you is:laugh: If that's true maybe I need dating tips from uncle Drago.

Drago

Legendary Member
No, seriously, they were all over me, including a couple of very attractive ones that i would have normally thought would be out of my league.

However, for a copper of my generation I was the rarest of beasts - a bobby that actually had control over his groin.

Once I'd started dating Mrs D mark 2 and the news became public, one of the hotties that had chatted me up unsuccessfully had a real go at Mrs D/2 because id chosen her instead! Straight up, gods honest truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

No, seriously, the fadge was all over me, including a couple of very attractive ones that i would have normally thought would be out of my league.

However, for a copper of my generation I was the rarest of beasts - a bobby that actually had control over his groin.
Then you must have been a good looking young chap.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Roller skating in the Jubilee Hall, Covent Garden. Love on sixteen wheels.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Tried roller skating for the first time with Mrs A_T when we first starting going out... I have never seen anyone laugh so much, she was creased up holding her sides at one point, lost to the world... that sealed it for me!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I saw the pictures online, liked her shape and ordered her via credit card.

She arrived all wrapped up in a nice see through dress.

We've had our ups and downs, though the ups are harder than the down :ohmy:, but next year, we celebrate our 15th anniversary. In that time, we've seen a lot of the world together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom