How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I happened to stop off at a friends house one Friday night.
Her brother happened to call and suggested he pop over with a fish n chip supper. He bought along a mysterious enigmatic woman who was a friend of one of his tennants, seeing a weeks refuge from London.
I casually invited mystery woman on a coastal walk.
She said OK.

Complete opposites who would probably never have met except for rare alignment of freak occurances.

postman

Legendary Member
At university. She saw me, turned and ran. Next time she didn't get away :okay:
You were not in that clown outfit with machete were you.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
At the 25th wedding anniversary celebration of mutual friends of our parents.
It transpired neither of us particularly wanted to be there, but as we had each known the couple concerned all of our lives, we attended out of respect. After a couple of hours, Elsie, whose anniversary it was, dragged us from opposite sides of the room on to the dancefloor. 42 years later we are still together.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
. On 18th March 1989 I saw her dancing out on the floor of night club with some guy who had asked her to dance. I stood staring at her and she caught my eye. When the dance ended she walked straight over to me . It really was love at first sight. I knew when I saw her initially I was going to marry her. She felt exactly the same. Love her more each day

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oreo, @Drago is being very immature and somewhat rude, please don’t encourage him!

Hmmn.

Despite the fact, that biologically speaking. He is old enough to be OMs grandfather :rolleyes:

As perhaps are, a good number of the folks being interrogated here.

Remember OM it's mostly just old folks, and their fanciful stories.

It's a substitute for daytime TV.

For those without a TV :becool:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We met in Germany, it was a fairly slow burner to start with, I lived there, she was only visiting and no sooner had we met she had to go home to Scotland. We were then sort of pen pals for many months until she invited me to visit some time later. Eventually, after several visits I moved to Scotland to be with her. That was what, 27 years ago?

We've still got each other's air mail letters from when we wrote.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
@oreo_muncher,

One thing that will probably interest you is how random the events are that cause people to meet... and a lifetime of happiness can be created from the most bizarre inconsequential moments when you least expect them....

Had I worked harder on my A-levels I would have gone to Nottingham University [ironic eh?] to study architecture... never to have met Mrs A_T.
Had Mrs A_T worked harder at her Physics A-level she wouldn't have gone to Dundee either...
I was knocked off my motorbike in Leeds two weeks before going up to Dundee, and bought a car with the insurance compensation which took a year to resolve, just before meeting Mrs A_T who would not have ridden pillion on a motorbike because six months earlier she lost a close friend who was killed on a motorbike.
Had Mrs A_T's flat mate not randomly met someone on my course at their first disco, Mrs A_T and I would not have been in the same place to meet for the first time.

Sometimes not achieving what you want, or not doing something that seems important at the time, leads to circumstances which you later realise make your life a whole lot better... and if it doesn't then different things happen which will be just as good and just as exciting!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’ll tell you if it happens :laugh:

No big ol rush is there??

I like the saying.

"Embrace the solitude

That raising your standards brings"

@oreo_muncher,

One thing that will probably interest you is how random the events are that cause people to meet... and a lifetime of happiness can be created from the most bizarre inconsequential moments when you least expect them....

Had I worked harder on my A-levels I would have gone to Nottingham University [ironic eh?] to study architecture... never to have met Mrs A_T.
Had Mrs A_T worked harder at her Physics A-level she wouldn't have gone to Dundee either...
I was knocked off my motorbike in Leeds two weeks before going up to Dundee, and bought a car with the insurance compensation which took a year to resolve, just before meeting Mrs A_T who would not have ridden pillion on a motorbike because six months earlier she lost a close friend who was killed on a motorbike.
Had Mrs A_T's flat mate not randomly met someone on my course at their first disco, Mrs A_T and I would not have been in the same place to meet for the first time.

Sometimes not achieving what you want, or not doing something that seems important at the time, leads to circumstances which you later realise make your life a whole lot better... and if it doesn't then different things happen which will be just as good and just as exciting!

All this

(Of course not actually all this :rolleyes: for me literally..)

But my life so far, recounted looks like a fairly haphazard series of chance events, occasional failures, snap decisions, ill advised adventures, and encounters.

Plus a tonne of hard work.

But it's been full, and fulfilling, and I'm now in a position that many do describe as enviable.

You never know what's round the next corner..

So do make sure you're on the correct side of the road, when taking it :okay:

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

@oreo_muncher,

Lots of cute stories on here. But right now the only places I go between are aldi and my room. Not meeting any new people :sad:

Sharky

Guru
I guess I have to thank Hitler. My FIL was born in Cardiff, but was stationed in Dartford during ww2, where he met my MIL. A few years later my OH was born.

Top Bottom