How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
What's the story behind how you met your significant other?
At a party one Saturday night. I was leaning against the fridge in an effort to remain vertical. A very attractive young woman came over to speak to me. As we left the party I suggested meeting at my local on Sunday lunchtime - the next day.

To my astonishment she turned up. On Sunday we will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oi! My 14 & 17 to know all about and love M&W. Also Two Ronnies..... Fork 'andles :laugh::laugh::laugh: classic.

Oh they're just indulging their dear old dad..

But yes, tis still a hoary old trope about these parts too.

What with being in possession of so many much, of such items.

The youth of today are generally very tolerant of such antiquated references..

Probs filed in their minds alongside, 'The Wars of The Roses' and 'Anthony and Cleopatra' :laugh:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
At a party one Saturday night. I was leaning against the fridge in an effort to remain vertical. A very attractive young woman came over to speak to me. As we left the party I suggested meeting at my local on Sunday lunchtime - the next day.

To my astonishment she turned up. On Sunday we will celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

Awww once more .
:cheers:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
At work.

I was struck by her sparkle and strength of personality.

30 years later I still am.^_^

Thrice awww.

I've been informed, that despite my devastating good looks, personality, and other observable talents and capabilities.

That its my mind that's the draw.

Some of us gurls, are such suckers for sweet talk like that.. :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think she might consider typical Waitrose shoppers a tad on the old side for her :laugh:

Yeah true, the available shoal might be thinner, but at least she'll be fishing from an already more discerning pond.

En Garde all.

Just in case FF should turn up with any of his odiferous piscine word play.. :rolleyes:

GM

Legendary Member
We met at Villiers Discotheque (remember those) which was underneath the Charring Cross arches in 1973, and been together ever since. My best mate :smooch:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Lots of cute stories on here. But right now the only places I go between are aldi and my room. Not meeting any new people :sad:
It's not the now, but the future and sometimes events in the past, as @Archie_tect related.
In my own case my Mum had trained as a nurse with the woman whose wedding anniversary I attended. But, at the completion of training, as they went their separate way and the main form of contact at the time was Royal Mail, they had lost contact with each other. When I was a few months old, they happened to meet each other again crossing a road and contact once again resumed. My now wife's parents, happened to be formerly neighbours of the couple whose anniversary we attended and had maintained contact with and been very supportive to, my wife's family, when they had to move house, because of a serious loss of income.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You lot have obviously got a different attitude to supermarket shopping than I have... :whistle:

When standing at the store entrance I feel like someone about to 'go over the top' from a WWI trench, rather than Romeo on the hunt for lurv! I have my shopping list handy, dash in, grab a basket and aim to be out again in 15 minutes max. There are slight delays currently to souse my shopping basket handle with sanitiser, but otherwise it is Go,Go Go!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom