How did you meet your significant other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was thinking more Morcambe and Wise with buckets on their feet...

Please keep your cultural references relevant to the demographic dear.

Our interlocutor will suppose M&W to be a firm of fusty old solicitors.. :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
No big ol rush is there??

I like the saying.

"Embrace the solitude

That raising your standards brings"
Oh absolutely, I have no intention of actually seeking anyone out. I enjoy my own space far too much, I feel no need whatsoever to share it with anyone :okay: Call me selfish if you want :laugh:
I can make as much mess as I like, eat what I want, when I want, watch whatever I want on my big ole TV.
I’ve plenty of super friends to call upon if I need to chat or need real or virtual company. I also engage daily with lots of lovely colleagues and (mostly) lovely clients!

However, fair play to anyone in a happy and stable relationship (I know plenty of folks who aren’t tho)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oh absolutely, I have no intention of actually seeking anyone out. I enjoy my own space far too much, I feel no need whatsoever to share it with anyone :okay: Call me selfish if you want :laugh:
I can make as much mess as I like, eat what I want, when I want, watch whatever I want on my big ole TV.
I’ve plenty of super friends to call upon if I need to chat or need real or virtual company. I also engage daily with lots of lovely colleagues and (mostly) lovely clients!

However, fair play to anyone in a happy and stable relationship (I know plenty of folks who aren’t tho)

Indeed :smile:

Have a happy, and stable relationship with yourself..
First and foremost.

Any partnerships over and above that - nice to have but not essential.

Of course latter is more likely to follow - if former is in place . But we have to leave that mostly in the lap of the Goddesses :bicycle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed :smile:

Have a happy, and stable relationship with yourself..
First and foremost.

Any partnerships over and above that - nice to have but not essential.

Of course latter is more likely to follow - if former is in place . But we have to leave that mostly in the lap of the Goddesses :bicycle:
Precisely, I like the company of others but I certainly don’t need to be defined by being in a partnership

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
We supported the same local football team and stood in the same area of ground with the same people week after week, but really only noticed each other when we started turning up to the same social and fundraising events at the club. But even then for ages we were just friends and didn't think anything more than that would happen. But then things just clicked one Christmas and after about a month's hesitation, because neither of us wanted to risk ruining our friendship, I ended up asking her out (the day before she was planning to ask me as it turns out) and it all went swimmingly from there - that was almost 21 years ago.

Of course when we told all our fellow supporters who stood in our bit of the ground that we'd now started dating, most of the responses were along the lines of "we thought you had been for the last six months already". Clearly all our friends saw that we were perfectly suited for one another long before we realised ourselves!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Precisely, I like the company of others but I certainly need to be defined by being in a partnership

Me neither.
(I'm suspecting you've omitted a 'don't' there)

Even if I do happen to have a cute bf, atm :laugh:

Can't take anything but your own company for granted.. :cheers:

vickster

Legendary Member
Me neither.
(I'm suspecting you've omitted a 'don't' there)

Even if I do happen to have a cute bf, atm :laugh:

Can't take anything but your own company for granted.. :cheers:
Oops! :blush:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
another sign: if she's smiling & nodding - let a cpl of those get away ... drats

Are you suggesting you'd be preferring to have three on the go right now??

Sounds exhausting.. :laugh:

No. 1. At youth club (1965 or thereabouts).
No. 2. At a Ballroom dancing Class (1987 or thereaouts). Didn't learn to dance ;)

A work colleague, from some years ago, who was notoriously clumsy, had an interesting "how we met" story. He ran over his wife to be's wind surfer sail, in his Golf GTi (not whilst she was wind-surfing with it) ;)

I know a happily married couple who met when he (riding a bike) knocked her off her bike, and landed her in hospital.

Romance ensued after he visited her in hospital to apologise.

Not suggesting such drastic measures should be embarked upon, in the pursuit of romance, but just goes to show... :bicycle:

As for listing each and every one of them numerically??
:rolleyes:
Crikey, the CC peleton as a whole, would surely break the forum, with the combined weight of our romantic dalliances surely ??

Even if our memory banks had that capacity :rolleyes:

Top Bottom