How do cyclists where you live *usually* greet each you when you pass on the road/track/gravel?

How do cyclists where you live *usually* greet each other when you pass on the road?

• They ignore me and keep their eyes on the road

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Fix me with a steely glare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nod of the head

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Lift fingers off the handlebars in a kind of wave

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • A proper wave/lift of the hand

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • "Hello/How do?/Hiya/Morning" - a verbal response

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
What I have noticed over the years when riding timetrials.

Whan you got caught, the passing rider would shout words of encouragement, "dig in", "almost there" etc. Some have even been known to offer jelly beans!

Nowadays, nothing, they just come straight past you without blinking.

I try to say a few words to those I catch and there was one club mate that on the rare occasions I caught him, I would jokingly say "thanks for waiting".

Twilkes

Guru
I didn’t realise there were so many needy cyclists.

If anybody ever feels they're lacking a wave, try this guy:

primoz-roglic-wave.gif

Jameshow

Veteran
Sharing similar views to @ianrauk I was going to give the thread a damn good ignoring, but I had the best ever wave yesterday. I was barrelling along the side of the Canal de Roubaix (see yesterday’s Ride Today) and this little kid, I’m guessing he’s about 3, rolls out of a canal-side garden on his big wheel, plants himself right in the middle of the path and starts waving as I approach and shouting “Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour….”. I’m a sucker for a daft kid so I give him the full wave and bonjour treatment back, which absolutely made both our days.

But otherwise- waving- don’t give a shoot either way.

Three kids lined up on the road side to give my friends and I a hi five!
Simple folk up in Yorkshire?!!

Top Bottom