How do I complain to London Transport ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg
at 7-25 this morning I was passed so close by a Bus that I did fear being knocked off, I was less than a yard from the kerb , there were cars parked in the opposite side si no room for a wide vehivke ti ass me safely, if driver should have held off for about 50 yards and then it would have been ok , I caught up at the next stop but he was on his way as i reached the stop, I got this photo so he can be traced ,

Drago

Legendary Member
Write them a sternly worded letter? An angry email? An irate telephone call? If its that bad and you have evidence you could complain to the Bow Street Runners instead.

Julia9054

Guru
I use Twitter. When i was a passenger on a mororway, i saw some dangerous driving by a National Express coach. I tweeted the picture to National Express and they replied within 5 mins with a link to the online form to fill in. They tell me the driver was spoken to.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
RATP Dev London Head Office

Busways House
Wellington Road
Twickenham
TW2 5NX

Tel: 020 8400 6665

Customer services

We welcome your comments, compliments and complaints. London Buses Customer Services handle customer contacts on behalf of all London bus operators.

You can get in touch with them via the following:

TfL Customer Services
4th floor, Zone B5, 14 Pier Walk, London, SE10 0ES

Tel: 0343 222 1234 (08:00–20:00 Monday–Friday)
Email: customerservices@tfl-buses.co.uk

crazyjoe101

Something to note is that TfL will handle your call / first contact but they will not deal with the case, they will simply pass on whatever you say to the company operating the bus in question. Request that someone look at the CCTV from the bus at the time on the date (give them an exact time and it makes it harder for them to decline) - I doubt they will do it but it is the only possible way any actual action will be taken as without CCTV of the event they will just give a default reply saying they care about the safety of all road users blah blah blah we spoke to the driver.

Make it clear to TfL that you want the bus operator to contact you back to confirm what action they took if any, and what they thought of the CCTV or why they did not bother to look at it if they do not have a response to that question.

Good luck.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sadly probably true. :cursing:

Very true. In the police the conversations would go...

"Id like a word"
"Am I in trouble?"
"Sort of"
"Then you can bugger off and say what you've got to say to my Federation Rep."

And that would be that.

The whole 'have a word' thing is a sop to make complainers think they've scored a point, but in reality achieves zero, zilch, nada.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
No joy at all with TFL or specific Bus Company , I must have made 10 attempts to contact them yesterday , their automated call service does not get answered and the complaints dept number was actually their finance section , they did not want to know or transfer me , even their ‘report an accident’ does not get answered !, I am not on Twitter ,

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No joy at all with TFL or specific Bus Company , I must have made 10 attempts to contact them yesterday , their automated call service does not get answered and the complaints dept number was actually their finance section , they did not want to know or transfer me , even their ‘report an accident’ does not get answered !, I am not on Twitter ,
Then its a good time to sign up to Twitter

Top Bottom