How do I flounce off?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It looks like it's harder to cancel your membership here than of Facebook. How do I become an ex-member?
Why?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'd go out in a blaze of glory, start a thread where you openly call some members ar***o*s, call the moderators sh**b*gs, tell everyone they're right wing old n*zis or left wing Tr*tsk**tes, and Bob's your non binary relative of your parent. You'll be gone by morning. I think one member left recently and permanently by suggesting a very racist thing, I believe it was bombing some northern towns.

But why not stick around? I rather like your shtick and I enjoy your input. You're one of the less boring members.

Last edited:
I am peeved at Rickshaw Phil locking my People of Kent thread. That was from De Bello Gallico (Julius Ceasar). I was not particularly drunk when I posted it.

Like others that have posted, I too very recently gave some thought to whether I wanted to remain on a site that had elements I found unacceptable, and this was made worse by the approach to the issue of those with the buttons. I'm sticking with it for now, but if I decide enough is enough, I'll simply not bother to post, rather than faff about trying to delete anything. From what I've seen, a thread questioning the actions on your post could be enough for your deletion being no choice of your own anyway. That for me is part of the issue.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I too can see why you would want to go. and I think it would not be a flounce but a justified lave.

What if a quorum of members stood up in an I am Spartacus style? Couldn’t that warrant a rescinding of a thread lock. Like a forum VAR, where we ask for a review. Perhaps the button basher were themselves in drink, or had their eye a little off the ball? Aren’t referees human?

Have you gone yet?

What about unhooking for a bit. Take a breather. Come back refreshed. It is the internet. We will have all forgotten the fuss by Wednesday week, won’t we?

Top Bottom