How do i make my flapjack softer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Less dry ingredients and more wet ingredients?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Don't put them in the fridge. Put them in a container and store in a cool, not cold place. And they dont store for long. Home made cakes never do. Eat within a couple of days. If they are still hard, try less cooking time, but only by about 5 minutes no more.

welsh dragon

If your flap jacks aren't falling apart because they are dry then you probably have the right combination and weight of Ingredients.

welsh dragon

Hmmm so Tupperware alone will solve my flapjack problems ?
It might do. Try It first. Then if they are going hard, try less cooking time by 5 mins. A process of elimination is often needed with these things. Trial and error as they say. Take it one thing at a time . otherwise you won't know exactly what the problem is.

Maybe replace some of the butter with an oil that is liquid at room/fridge temperature? Eg olive oil.

welsh dragon

I want to make mine softer and I was gonna add more golden syrup in place of sugar to mine next time I made them.

That would work, but be careful. Don't add to much or they, will be rather errrr limp no pun intended, and they could be a bit mushy.

cbs

I want to make mine softer and I was gonna add more golden syrup in place of sugar to mine next time I made them.

I tried that and it made no difference - as you cook it, the more sugar there is, the more it caramelises and makes it harder in my experience.

Not that I am an expert cook, but I have spent quite some time making flapjacks :hungry:

Top Bottom